Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crazy money, last one I saw for sale was about £12,000. Is that really worth the same as an RC30?
I don't think so because the RC30 is a genuine Honda product, whereas the EVO is a Brit racing project 'special'. Nice bike all the same, but I don't think it holds its place in history at anywhere near the same level as the RC30 and RC45. Wouldn't knock it back, BUT I would be mindful that an extra five grand would buy a mint RC.
Further info: https://sites.google.com/site/myhondafireblade/Home/the-evo-fireblade

·
Registered
428 Posts
Crazy money, last one I saw for sale was about £12,000. Is that really worth the same as an RC30?
I think that you may need to revisit the For Sale adverts, Gunk. Sadly, RC30's are now very strong money £27-40k......... there has even been a zero miles one advertised for >£50k, or was it much higher than that? Yes, £80,000.

Edit: My apologies, Gunk. I misunderstood your £12k reference. I've just seen the advert for £27k. That is Dr Evil money! You are correct.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
428 Posts
Yeah, been advertised for ages. This one: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-VFR750RK-RC30-MOTORCYCLE/153648995699?hash=item23c6319d73:g:kZEAAOSwLzZc6cYf

Also, I think an offer of 55-60K could snaffle it! [Won't be me though:frown]
Agreed. I'm sure it was "only" £50k when I last saw it.

Lovely piece of kit. The video of Honda assembling one - lapping the con-rods etc etc - to a Satie piano piece is an all time favourite. To keep my post count up, I will add that to the Films Thread. :devil

Mixing Threads, Nigel, they are gravity-fed carbs as well.

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,650 Posts
Posted for @IanDoohan . Not sure if you've seen much of these. Made specifically for Isle of Man TT. Always fetch extraordinary money: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254397765257?ul_noapp=true
I have seen those matey, and I'll be honest (and a beggar yes, but not a chooser as I would not say no to it :wink), but I never liked that particular representation.

There are very few 900's (in my most humble opinion) that look good with the single sided swing arm. I've always thought that EVO TT100 looked "portly" and "bulbous". In addition to that, the three spoke wheel design is not appealing to me either. I know I'm knit picking, but I've always had a vision for my own 900RR (with a SSSWA) and it would have to be one of an RC30 or RC45 to look right with the multi-spoke design.

The coolest 900's I've seen with this done (and with my most coveted mod-the RVF upper fairing) are this special magazine build and the RVM.

cbr900_erion.2.jpg

RVM1.jpg

RVM2.jpg

RVM3.jpg

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have seen those matey, and I'll be honest (and a beggar yes, but not a chooser as I would not say no to it :wink), but I never liked that particular representation.

There are very few 900's (in my most humble opinion) that look good with the single sided swing arm. I've always thought that EVO TT100 looked "portly" and "bulbous". In addition to that, the three spoke wheel design is not appealing to me either. I know I'm knit picking, but I've always had a vision for my own 900RR (with a SSSWA) and it would have to be one of an RC30 or RC45 to look right with the multi-spoke design.

The coolest 900's I've seen with this done (and with my most coveted mod-the RVF upper fairing) are this special magazine build and the RVM.
:plus1:

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When you say pattern, do you mean OEM color scheme?
If you weren't aware, Ian, UK has this peculiar lingo of calling 'reproduction' parts as 'pattern'. It threw me when I cam back here from Australia.

So what 'BennelliBlade' is asking is if repro or Chinese fairings are available for the RVF.

And now we have the problem of identifying which 'RVF'. In referring to the RC30, in UK it is properly identified as VFR750R, whereas it seems (to me) that USA/Canada label it a RVF. We do have the RVF750 BUT that is the RC45!!

To compound the matter, our most popular 'RVF' is the baby RVF400 - a classic bike, and steadily appreciating. Can I confuse you further by saying we also have a VFR400? Oh, and I won't even mention the CBR400RR:eek:.

·
Registered
428 Posts
If you weren't aware, Ian, UK has this peculiar lingo of calling 'reproduction' parts as 'pattern'. It threw me when I cam back here from Australia.

So what 'BennelliBlade' is asking is if repro or Chinese fairings are available for the RVF.

And now we have the problem of identifying which 'RVF'. In referring to the RC30, in UK it is properly identified as VFR750R, whereas it seems (to me) that USA/Canada label it a RVF. We do have the RVF750 BUT that is the RC45!!

To compound the matter, our most popular 'RVF' is the baby RVF400 - a classic bike, and steadily appreciating. Can I confuse you further by saying we also have a VFR400? Oh, and I won't even mention the CBR400RR:eek:.
:nerd RVF750 was the actual HRC Race bike, Nigel, that was "different" to the RC30:

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:nerd RVF750 was the actual HRC Race bike, Nigel, that was "different" to the RC30:
Huh? I made no allusion to them being the same bike as they are two totally different production bikes available to the public. HRC had input into both bikes.

Whilst there might appear to be similarities between the two, they have different lengths, rake and trail, front wheel sizes, and most noticeably the RC45 is fuel injected.

My point in issue though was questioning whether USA/Canada calls the RC30 an 'RVF750R' rather than 'VFR' in the same manner that USA has labelled our RC51 VTR as 'RVT'. This all falls back to hoping that @BenelliBlade can source the correct 'RVF' fairing from Ian's mod advice.:wink

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-RVF750-RC45-Rare-Investment-Opportunity/202823804702?hash=item2f393da71e:g:K~gAAOSwijBdz9ge

Attachments

·
Registered
428 Posts
Huh? I made no allusion to them being the same bike as they are two totally different production bikes available to the public. HRC had input into both bikes.

Whilst there might appear to be similarities between the two, they have different lengths, rake and trail, front wheel sizes, and most noticeably the RC45 is fuel injected.

My point in issue though was questioning whether USA/Canada calls the RC30 an 'RVF750R' rather than 'VFR' in the same manner that USA has labelled our RC51 VTR as 'RVT'. This all falls back to hoping that @BenelliBlade can source the correct 'RVF' fairing from Ian's mod advice.:wink
Apologies. I was referring to "the" RVF directly associated with the RC30 in all of the promo materials ...... and that is an HRC Formula 1 Endurance Race bike. :nerd

Attachments

·
Registered
428 Posts

And now we have the problem of identifying which 'RVF'.

We do have the RVF750 BUT that is the RC45!!

Based upon Ian's pictures, I would say that the fairings are RVF RC45 derived (definitely not from the "RC30"). :thumb:

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,650 Posts

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-RVF750-RC45-Rare-Investment-Opportunity/202823804702?hash=item2f393da71e:g:K~gAAOSwijBdz9ge
No RVF in the US until the RC45. We called the RC30 a VFR.

I made mention of the RVF fairings because the RC45 had the ram air openings from the factory. The RC30 or VFR750R if you will :wink, did not.

And to further the differences across the pond, we called (and so did Honda) our RC51 the RVT1000R, where I believe the redcoats call it a VTR1000R SP1.

And in another case our VTR1000F Super Hawk is the UK’s VTR1000F Firestorm.

I wonder where “Fireblade” came from and who made it up. Seems like a nickname......was that a euro only Babasan moniker? :hmm:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts