Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fit one? I am going to pick one up tommorrow and I am wondering what they are like to fit. Are they a pain in the crimper? Any top tips to avoid trashing the panels? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
222 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks buddy, not worried about the licence plate illumination. Will give it a go this afternoon.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Mate

I assume that fitting will be similar to the R&G tail tidy I have on mine. The only part you will crap yourself over is the removal and re-install of the rear bodywork.

Just take your time, and don't worry it will bend !!

When the rear seat or cowl is off and all bolts are removed for the rear bodywork and seat lock, start by easing the bodywork towards the back of the bike first. The lock hole should move at least a quarter of an inch up over the key hole, you will then see the "U" type locking mechanism for the bodywork has released in two places on each side of the bike. The easiest way to get it off is too ease it apart on one side and then up and over the bike from one side to the other.

Here are some photos from when I did mine.

Looks awful, but I am a spanner dunce and managed it so you'll be fine.

Any probs, drom me a PM :thumb:

Dave

http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp6/splattty/DSC01678.jpg

http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp6/splattty/DSC01681.jpg

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers guys , it was pretty simple to be honest and EVOTECH is quality kit.

I know the number plate is huge but the dibblies round ere are a pain in the ass,so its not worth the trouble or points ;-)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After fitting the EVOTECH and looking at the R+G I would say there is nothing between them. Personal choice though on the licence plate light as there are a few differences.. You are looking at between £100-130 (not sure of current dollar ex rate) Takes about 2 hrs to fit.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Bryan

I had an Evotech on my previous Aprilia and it was a quality piece of kit. I only went with the R&G as it was the only tail tidy available when the Blade was launched.

As already said, I doubt there is much difference, in fit or price.

Go with either mate and you won't go far wrong :thumb:

·
Registered
222 Posts
After fitting the EVOTECH and looking at the R+G I would say there is nothing between them.
The R&G looks OEM because the plate and indicator bracket is made of plastic. The Evotech plate and indicator bracket is bent metal. If one is looking for a tail tidy that appears OEM, R&G is the choice. I went with the Evotech for trackday considerations. The plate and indicators bracket can be removed in less than five minutes by removing four screws and unplugging the wiring.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts