Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What you guys think about the Devil highmount exhaust for 954...was looking at the two brothers (nice) but you lose the rear pegs......sounds real good on their website...I just miss having a highmount exhaust like i had on my suzuki 750. i had a MIG highmount :thumb: on that bike, but there no longer around....any feedback?? BTW I currently have an Erion bolt on....any comparisons betwee the erion and devil as far as sound????Thanks......

·
Registered
45 Posts
NYC954RR said:
What you guys think about the Devil highmount exhaust for 954...was looking at the two brothers (nice) but you lose the rear pegs......sounds real good on their website...I just miss having a highmount exhaust like i had on my suzuki 750. i had a MIG highmount :thumb: on that bike, but there no longer around....any feedback?? BTW I currently have an Erion bolt on....any comparisons betwee the erion and devil as far as sound????Thanks......

My buddy has a Devil Highmount on his 03 R1.. It sounds great. I am assuming the sound would be similar to your bike.. High mounts are the way to go on those bikes.. I had one on my F4i.. It was a micron.. Just makes the bike looks a heck of a lot better...

·
Registered
43 Posts
actually....the thing i dont like about devil is that you must cut the mid-pipe and "clamp" on the devil....now........if you liked MIG..check out indigo..they are from GA. and used to manufacture pipes for mig..they make an awesome high mount for 954rr( i have one).....quality is superb......

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just954rr said:
actually....the thing i dont like about devil is that you must cut the mid-pipe and "clamp" on the devil....now........if you liked MIG..check out indigo..they are from GA. and used to manufacture pipes for mig..they make an awesome high mount for 954rr( i have one).....quality is superb......
I will definitely check out the indigo--but devil makes a 3/4 system that bolts directly to the HTEV, no cutting like the 1/2 system, but for 149.00 more :rant: so im gonna look into both, check out the indigo now...thanks!!!!

·
Registered
819 Posts
I love the Devil Highmount Shotgun pipe. It looks cool to me.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Red Rider said:
FWIW, I've got a Devil carbon hi-mount on my 929.
That pipe looks great!!!!!!!! :clap: .....I like the carbon and the stainless....do you have the half or 3/4, any problems??Was the install hard..thanks!!!!

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
NYC954RR said:
That pipe looks great!!!!!!!! :clap: .....I like the carbon and the stainless....do you have the half or 3/4, any problems??Was the install hard..thanks!!!!
Thanks! I bought the 3/4 system. The install was easy, but you'll need an extra long extension for the socket to reach a couple of the bolts on the HTEV. The Devil is well made and sounds great, although it's not cheap.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hey NYC...

I have the same bike you do....2002 954RR. I put on the Devil Bikes High Mount 3/4 pipe. (Titaniam can) I am convinced the pipe is the best of both worlds...under 7k it sounds deep and throaty and above 7k she really screams. I really, really, like this pipe...I also always get comments on the way it looks. (I'm sure you've looked.. Devil Bikes has your bike pic posted- same color/year with a carbon high mount exhaust installed)

Note though...after installing the pipe I have noticed a significant drop in gas mileage and the bike to run too rich... hense the power commander! (The power commander web-site has a map posted under its 'user submitted' maps link)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Took a ride to Devil bikes yesterday and picked up my 1/2 system carbon fiber SB2 high mount(round can)!!!!LOOKS GREAT!! Probably put it on today, the owner was real cool....gave me like 50 bucks off of list and threw in a free heat shield, Devil Bikes has A+ customer service!!!...

he had no more 3/4 mid pipes in stock, so he told me to take the 1/2 system, said it was the same thing, just have to modify the stock mid pipe(Already butchered the cone off haha)....so i cant wait to slap it on......told me the PCIII was not necessary, however, its gonna be my next mod( It never ends)!!!

Anyone dyno these exhausts out of curiosity??

·
Registered
846 Posts
just954rr said:
told ya youd have to cut stock pipe........lame(IMO)..
You only have to cut the midpipe if you get the half system - like someone above said. The 3/4 system requires no cutting.

I had the Devil high mount on my 03 954RR - great pipe! I think it sounded better than my Akrapovic I have on my 04 1000RR.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
TGZ13 said:
Looking good :thumb:

So are you happy with the sound and overall pipe?
Thanks man!! :D
--Absolutely , its very deep sounding, better pitch than Erion, the same noise level or maybe a little louder (sounds a little better I think), and performance feels real good, definitely worth the money..the guys at DevilBikes were real nice too, picked it up in person from them in NJ, they give you a 2 yr warranty as well

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
TGZ13 said:
Sweet... I have heard a bunch of them on different bike and always liked the sounds from the I4's with the Devil. Has a nice deep sound and love the CF HM
Yeah I saw some of the posts about it before I bought it, it definitely has a nice deep sound, and it gets louder in the upper RPMS which I like, where some deep sounding pipes get quiet, very happy with it and the whole setup feels about half the weight of the Erion can by itself..which was a nice bolt on....but the Devil looks and SOUNDS even better!! :thumb:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts