Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i learned a few things the hard way. apparantly hona'd head stud/nut set up likes to seize up and you have to somtimes order new studs and nuts. i need 2. also you also have to replace the exhaust gaskets, i thought they would be re-usable, NOT... ohh and the can has a dent in it. so my day is going great!

just needed to vent a bit...

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah hopefully on wednesday when the dealer says they will recieve the gaskets and studs. luckily it is still a little cold around here today and monday and tuesday are supposed to rain.

·
Registered
46 Posts
ANTI - SEIZE compound is a must on exhaust.

Coppercoat is what I use but there are some silver based compounds available for extreme heat situations.
We use silver based at work. ( Turbine engines etc. )

I also suggest light torque on the exhaust nuts, run bike to normal temps then final torque.
Good Luck
What kind of Pipe are you installing anyway?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
aluminum M4 high mount. wow it looks so sweet (except for dent). i will let you guys know about sound and power when i can actually get it started and running.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
If you purchased the system new, did it come w/the dent? If so I would insist on a replacement, plus that the company pay shipping both ways. :idunno:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i 100% agree! i will call tomorrow morning. cause they are closed. i bought it through pipe city. i heard they are good people so we will certainly find out. luckily i noticed it as soon as i opened up the packing, so i didn't even start the bike with it on there...

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PIPE CITY & M4 have handled this with 100% ease. they are wonderfull to work with (so far) and i should have my new can by friday!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts