Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Exhaust issue revealed at Road America

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  deez 
#1 ·
Hanging out with a tech from American Honda.... it was awesome... so I was looking at the RC-51 of Ben Bostrom and said to him and said you can not tell me that is a JArdine.... that is actually Akropovic.....

He said yeap all honda race bikes except for Erion use Akro..... but slap Jardine stickers on..... because they pay big bucks for the advertisement

#6 ·
I would say the guys that pay the money (and you sign the contract with) should be the most insulted. The other guys actually got the money (Yosh wasn't a title sponsor and sold Team Suzuki all their stuff).

Anyway, this sort of thing has been a constant bother throughout the history of motorsports sponsorships, the most memorable was when Kevin Schwantz's then teamate Doug Chandler did an entire 15 minute BBC post race interview while drinking a Coke (in plain sight) while his bike and leathers both said 'PEPSI' on them. This was pointed out by the announcer during the interview and Pepsi subsequently pulled out of the GP series.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.