Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked through quite a few threads and must have missed where this might post so i do it here and ask forgiveness later. Has anyone ever moved the exhaust to the side on an 04 CBR1000rr? I'm giving it serious thoughts because I just hate that my damn ass and crown jewels fry after 30 minutes of riding. quite annoying and quite hot in spite of using the heat shields and tape.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Try removing the heat shielding lol. I had a Triumph Sprint ST 1050 with an under tail exhaust that I converted to a street fighter with a chopped up tail end. Tried it without the heat shielding. BAD idea lol.

You know what I ended up doing with that bike though, is figuring out the size of exhaust pipe it used, and getting a short squiggle-shaped connector pipe, and had the pipe just barely pop out from under the bike to the side, and put a little micro carbon muffler on there. It was small/light enough that it didnt need any mounting brackets or anything. I guess this basic idea would work with a lot of bikes.

It was loud as fuck, yeah.

Looking at the fairings on the 04 cbr1000rr, looks like space is tight but some people have done the basic idea I am talking about.

Nothing worse than showing up somewhere with swampass. I love the under tail exhaust look, but the added heat under the ass really sucks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts