Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 929 and have heard rumours of an exhaust valve / airbox mod. Anyone know anything about this and also if it works??

·
Registered
755 Posts
There is a flapper in the airbox that many remove.The exhaust valve is only removed if you are replacing the complete exhaust with aftermarket.I didn't notice any ill effects from removing the flapper.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that Jafo, but what effect did remvoing the flap have?? Did you genuinely notice any difference??

·
Registered
755 Posts
Probably my imagination,but I noticed more intake noise,but I also removed both snorkels.I think someone posted dyno before and after with flapper and there is no increase in hp when removing.Maybe someone else will chime in.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
jafo said:
Probably my imagination,but I noticed more intake noise,but I also removed both snorkels.I think someone posted dyno before and after with flapper and there is no increase in hp when removing.Maybe someone else will chime in.
Just curious Jafo, are those the air inlet snorkels you're talking about? I've read tons of threads about flapper mods and such but not snorkel related, doesn't that restrict/lessen your incoming air flow? Or not enough to matter?

·
Registered
469 Posts
SuperDave said:
Just curious Jafo, are those the air inlet snorkels you're talking about? I've read tons of threads about flapper mods and such but not snorkel related, doesn't that restrict/lessen your incoming air flow? Or not enough to matter?
You might not want to :chainsaw: out your snorkels though. Remember that although they might be a little restrictive (why they don't just have a huge friggin tube like Kwakas has got me, bloody idiots!) if you take the snorkels out you might be getting hot air from the engine instead of the cooler air from the front of the bike. More air/hotter temp, or less air/lower temp. Could be a trade off, not sure which would work better, would depend on lots of variables.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
flapper

DE-flappered:

note snorkels...

·
Registered
755 Posts
Hey figment-great idea,a lot less work than removing the flapper.I always figure out the most difficult way to do something.I am curious,is that a 954?I think the the 929 might be a little different-I'm telling myself it's different and I didn't miss your easy solution.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts