Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the process of doing some prep work for my new exhaust and noticed according to partsfish.com there should be an exhaust gasket inbetween the can and the bolts. I have had this bike for about 10 months and it came witht he stock can, it looks as if the previous owner did no mods to the bike or exhaust, as the cone inside the can was not cut off yet, so my question is, is the gasket needed, as i and probably the prevous owner have been riding around with out it for 5K miles? Thanks for the help ladies and gents??

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Yes, you should have a gasket in there, although you likely won't hurt anything in riding the bike w/o it. It's part no. 16 as seen in this diagram, available from bikebandit.com for <$6 or your local dealer for about the same. Its a copper crush type washer that's reusable a few times before replacement is necessary.

LINK

·
Registered
755 Posts
Make sure,it might still be there,mine was so crusty,looked like part of the metal on flange.Per above post,it is a thin metallic crush gasket,have reused mine several times,no leak yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts