Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here it is...

I am looking at a set of exhaust pipes to fit a 94/5 foxeye. Guy says they came from a CBR929 - but pipes look a little spindly to me...

I have checked with a set of spare exhaust header gaskets I have (after making a paper template from the header section) and pipe inner and outer diameter seems similar to that of the gasket....

So....

What difference do header pipes with a wider bore make?

My thoughts are that provided the internal diameter of the pipe is as wide as the internal diameter of the port, the limiting factor is the port.

What difference does length of pipe make?

I understand that the shorter the exhaust pipe, the more top end and less low down torque?

Finally, do any of you have the internal and outer diameter measurements of "standard" RRR and RRX pipes that you can provide so I can check to them?

Thanks in advance.....

SB

·
Registered
931 Posts
929 pipes will not fit, believe me!
Header diameters and spacing are the same, trouble is, the pipes curve off to the left of the engine, right where your sump plug is. They alsofoul various bits of the sump (oil pan).
I was hoping to use a set to utilise the Exup box as a varible baffle box, but fitting would have required far too much cutting and welding.

Incidentally, going by E-Bay (UK) there are lots of these up for grabs, which would suggest that the 929's are being scrapped in quite large numbers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts