Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello fireblade lovers,iam new to the site and from England and have got a 2001 929rry. Where do i start, had it for about a year. Two weeks after i got it fi light came on producing code 35 bame!!!! what a code found out it was the gears in the servo motor. found second hand motor, cleaned valve bla bla bla etc etc. A year on bame bame code 35 again, stripped gears maybe? Oh look. So had enough of this. removed flapper in air box, locked exhaust valve at 12 o clock, removed cable. Took it up the road wow what an inprovement smooth all the way up the rev range. gunna get it dyno'd. My question is there ant chance you can damage the ecu if the servo motor gears have been removed.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Nah you did it right, you left the servo and just disconnected the cables. The servo will rotate, but there are no cables to pull so the ecu thinks it did what it was suppose to and will not through a code.

Edit: If the gears are removed it's pretty much the same as removing the cables. Servo can rotate, but the valve position stays the same as there are no gears to turn it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it still puts up the code with the gears removed as it is not turning the component that sends the signal back to the ecu to tell it what position the servo in. so i was just woundering if the ecu does'nt know what position the servo is in, can it damage the ecu

·
Banned
56 Posts
it still puts up the code with the gears removed as it is not turning the component that sends the signal back to the ecu to tell it what position the servo in. so i was just woundering if the ecu does'nt know what position the servo is in, can it damage the ecu
I don't think it would damage the ecu. Many aftermarket slip-on exhausts require removal of the exhaust baffle because they replace the whole pipe. When I installed my jardine slip-on I had to remove the pipe that contained the baffle and replace it with the pipe that came with the kit.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Yeah my buddies rr4 has the akro slip-on which eliminated the exhaust valve. All they did was remove the cables,fixed the flapper(no flapper anymore what so ever now with the Carbon Fiber OPP intake) and left the servo. No codes being thrown and the bike doesn't seem to be hurting on the bottom or mid range either.

Oh and thanks for the heads up on the code being thrown with the gears removed. I thought it would do the same as the cables being removed, but I was wrong it seems.

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
The servor motor returns a different value when it is open compared to close. This is how the ECU knows it is not working. On the 1000, if you remove the motor; you lose a few ponies. The 9xx does not lose any power if the MIL is on.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok cool THANKS for all the useful information. so if i can find a gear to replace the one that stripped then the mil light will go out yes. does any one know where you can get the gear from its the big double spur gear. 15 teeth and 49th not sure what the pitch is

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had the blade dyno'd today 22,000miles on the clock and its producing 146.4hp at 10.679 and 10.6kgm at 9028rpm at the rear wheel pretty impressive i thought.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts