Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i extended my swingarm on my 900rr (99) 8". Now even with me on it alone 180lbs i sometimes bottom out like the rear spring is just way to weak? some people have said they uses there stock spring and never had a problem? anyone ever hear of this or know who i can call to get help!? Thanks!

joE

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you know what the spring on a 900rr is rated at ? like 30lbs or? im thinking of maybe ordering a little stronger one, as of now i bottom out when the road has a good "dip" in it. so another rider at this point is impossible.

·
Registered
85 Posts
well extending the swingarm creates more leverage, and therefore increases the load on the shock/spring.. if it was "soft" to begin with, that certainly would explain it bottoming out... can't you adjust the spring preload to stiffen it up?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The bike has low miles. I rode two people on it every day. Then the day I put the extended arm on it, it was like 180lbs was too much for it. I even adjusted the preloads and everything stiff ,and still bottoms out. Just has me so boggled....

·
Registered
37 Posts
i'm about to put my new stretched(6"-8") swingarm on my 98 900rr. i'm not looking to have a problem with mine. your damper might be shot and needs to be replaced. if i run into anything i'll make sure to relist.i even have a lowering link on mine

·
Registered
11 Posts
hello i extended my swingarm on my 900rr (99) 8". Now even with me on it alone 180lbs i sometimes bottom out like the rear spring is just way to weak? some people have said they uses there stock spring and never had a problem? anyone ever hear of this or know who i can call to get help!? Thanks!

joE
try turning up the spring preload and slowing the compression down

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.