Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
without all the bling bling responses.. and the squid remarks... what is supposed to be the purpose of an extended swingarm? i am thinking the longer wheelbase helps to keep the front of the bike down? dunno?

·
Registered
91 Posts
That is the only real use for an extended swingarm. Useful only in drag racing and like scenarios. In poseur ranks it performs the same function as the huge carbon fiber wing on a 4 door Ford Taurus (you might laugh but I have seen it.)

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
yeah, and throttle control is less of an issue as you can just whack the throttle open...

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Keith_929 : That is the only real use for an extended swingarm.  Useful only in drag racing and like scenarios.  In poseur ranks it performs the same function as the huge carbon fiber wing on a 4 door Ford Taurus (you might laugh but I have seen it.)
Unless that 4 door Taurus has one of these under the hood

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
ND4SPDSHO : Quote (Keith_929 @ June 14 2003, 9:59pm)That is the only real use for an extended swingarm.  Useful only in drag racing and like scenarios.  In poseur ranks it performs the same function as the huge carbon fiber wing on a 4 door Ford Taurus (you might laugh but I have seen it.)
Unless that 4 door Taurus has one of these under the hood  

No, even then

·
Registered
91 Posts
it makes it launch quicker by making it harder to wheelie, at least to the point that it spins the tire from lack of leverage.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Last time I checked Ford owned 18% of Yamaha. Ford made the engines, sent them to Yamaha for them to do their work and then Yamaha sent the completed engines back to Ford.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts