Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of piercing my eyebrow. From what I understand they are pretty likely to grow out leaving a nice scar across the eyebrow. Which would suck.

Looking for some advice, and/or some of your experiences here. My wife doesn't want me to, but she's pretty closed minded and I'm not getting hardly any anyway, so I don't really care (I know :crap: ).

Thanks,

HD

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
FWIW everyone I have seen that has taken out their eyeborw piercing has had a scar. Maybe with Vitamin E it would make it "HELLO" but if you are not worried about it...I'd say go for it! :)

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
you can do it, without many problems. Care is the most important part. Soak that bad boy for weeks, even when you haven't had any seepage/crusties for a while, still continue to soak it, I can't tell you that enough!

The guy I go to is really good (Critz' guy as well). Whoever you go to, make sure they use a curved ring for your brow. A straight one will most likely "grow out" as your body rejects the metal. At least this is what I have been told. The curved barbell (or whatever you choose) helps it match the curvature of your brow, therefore lowering the tension on the two holes so they heal. I had a hell of a time with my nipples healing until I got a captive bead on there that had a straight part. That made sure the metal exited the skin straight, therefore helping it heal.

Don't be afraid to ask the piercer questions or to go to several shops before letting someone stick you. If it heals well, there will be little to no scarring, so take care of it and soak it well and often!

my advice...

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ccwilli3 said:
you can do it, without many problems. Care is the most important part. Soak that bad boy for weeks, even when you haven't had any seepage/crusties for a while, still continue to soak it, I can't tell you that enough!

The guy I go to is really good (Critz' guy as well). Whoever you go to, make sure they use a curved ring for your brow. A straight one will most likely "grow out" as your body rejects the metal. At least this is what I have been told. The curved barbell (or whatever you choose) helps it match the curvature of your brow, therefore lowering the tension on the two holes so they heal. I had a hell of a time with my nipples healing until I got a captive bead on there that had a straight part. That made sure the metal exited the skin straight, therefore helping it heal.

Don't be afraid to ask the piercer questions or to go to several shops before letting someone stick you. If it heals well, there will be little to no scarring, so take care of it and soak it well and often!

my advice...

You're talking about the saline soak (or something) right? How do you do that to your eyebrow?

HD

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
O.K.
perhaps I am to old to understand why people do these things. Exactly what purpose does this serve? I understand "to each his own". I am not here to judge but help me try and understand this madness.

:confused:

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
colryn said:
O.K.
perhaps I am to old to understand why people do these things. Exactly what purpose does this serve? I understand "to each his own". I am not here to judge but help me try and understand this madness.

:confused:

This guy that I work with says that it will give me "Street Cred" as a programmer. :idunno:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Heavy-Dee said:
I'm thinking of piercing my eyebrow. From what I understand they are pretty likely to grow out leaving a nice scar across the eyebrow. Which would suck.

Looking for some advice, and/or some of your experiences here. My wife doesn't want me to, but she's pretty closed minded and I'm not getting hardly any anyway, so I don't really care (I know :crap: ).

Thanks,

HD
Depends on what you do for a living. It's kind of hard to be taken seriously at a hi-powered buisness meeting with a chunk of metal in your face. But if you run a septic truck or something it shouldn't be an issue. I know you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover but most people do.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Heavy-Dee said:
You're talking about the saline soak (or something) right? How do you do that to your eyebrow?

HD
Use sea salt and warm water, nothing else (though, you'll hear different takes on that practice). You can either use cotton balls and soak/dab each hole (hold it there for a duration) and rotate them out every three minutes, or if you can get a good seal with a shot glass or small paper cup, completely submerse the piercing (works for ears, nipples, etc)... Though that probably won't work on your brow...

The warm water/sea salt will make the tissue soft around that area. It'll help get crusties out by making them soft. When things are soft in that region, you'll be able to move it around freely without damaging the tissue. Don't move it much, if at all, while its new! Move it carefully all other times as well. Sea Salt also changes the pH of things there, promoting healing. Clean it well in a hot shower with dial and that'll help, then soak it so the sea salt has a chance to "hang out" on the piercing throughout the day...

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Mangina said:
Depends on what you do for a living. It's kind of hard to be taken seriously at a hi-powered buisness meeting with a chunk of metal in your face. But if you run a septic truck or something it shouldn't be an issue. I know you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover but most people do.
Very very true... Hell, I had nothing weird, just multiples in my ears and I periodically get weird looks. Get ready for the "did it hurt?" questions...

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mangina said:
That's not an issue where I work. They only care how I perform. It's nice.

HD

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ccwilli3 said:
Very very true... Hell, I had nothing weird, just multiples in my ears and I periodically get weird looks. Get ready for the "did it hurt?" questions...
I haven't had it done yet and I already know the answer...."HELL YEA!"

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Heavy-Dee said:
I haven't had it done yet and I already know the answer...."HELL YEA!"
You'll get tired of it, trust me. My favorite answer is, "not as bad as my nipples did!" That normally invokes a weird stare and a look of confusion on their part. :rotfl:

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Heavy-Dee said:
That's not an issue where I work. They only care how I perform. It's nice.

HD

There are some people here that have 'em as well. At work they keep 'em pretty discrete. When ya see 'em out and about... yeeeowza.... But it doesn't mean they are not nice people. Plenty of people walking around that look decent and are complete PRICKS!

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mojave954 said:
Plenty of people walking around that look decent and are complete PRICKS!
SOoooooo true. I wish everyone knew that.

Just b/c I'm fat doesn't make me a bad person...Really I'm just lazy... :rotfl:

No I get your point. You are 100% correct.

HD

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
ccwilli3 said:
You'll get tired of it, trust me. My favorite answer is, "not as bad as my nipples did!" That normally invokes a weird stare and a look of confusion on their part. :rotfl:

Took out my eyebrow (with little to no scarring) because at the time I was face to face with customers. Now I have both nipples done and only those that I tell know about them.

Yea, nipples hurt. Eyebrow, more like a pinch.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
I have a no puncturing of the pelt policy that I adhere to whenever possible. This is during involuntary actions (wipeouts) and voluntary. No good can come of it. And if the only reason someone gives you credibility is to have a piercing (or other thing similar) is this not a reason to ignore their opinion?

I might add that I once had a shot in the eye lid and yes it hurt worse than anything I have ever done. I hope a eyelash is easier but why find out :rant:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts