Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Full aftermarket fairing kits for 175 quid plus postage 141 quid. Are they any good and easy to fit?

Noob question I'm asking hehe

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Full aftermarket fairing kits for 175 quid plus postage 141 quid. Are they any good and easy to fit?

Noob question I'm asking hehe
They are worth what you pay for them. They're cheap, some of the holes don't line up but they look great from 10 feet away. If you're expecting them to last as long as the oem stuff, you'll be disappointed. I made sure that they have extra room to move around and flex. Make sure your rubber grommets are soft not hard. If they're hard, adapt something or get some new ones. A heat gun, a cordless drill and a step bit will help. My bike is at a buddies getting the tank painted. When I get it back, I'll post some pics.

DD

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
I purchased a set last year and some of the holes did not line up.
They were close but not like OEM.
You will have to tinker with them to fit properly. HTH

·
Premium Member
2,273 Posts
Mine came out well, but I spent quite a bit of money having the tank painted to match and refinishing the wheels. Nice thing is that I just use the bike, I'm not precious about it, if I did bin it, I'd just change the colour scheme and try something else, with genuine mint Urban Tigers making £6000 plus now, mine is exactly the same experience for a third of the price.

Even though it is a replica, It still gets loads of positive attention.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
ive only ever bought one set of aftermarket fairings. i bought from auctmart's site. they took around 5 weeks.

im actually very impressed with all aspects. they fit pretty much spot on. finish was good, little rough on a couple edges, but if i didnt point the small blemishes out youd never see them. all in all they are very close to oem. youd have to know what to look for to even tell them apart from oem.

exceeded my expectations.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
That's a great looking bike Kevin, looks really current in that black colour scheme
thank you sir. it looked pretty rough after my last get off. :) almost as bad as i did.

ordering the auctmart fairing i had high hopes, but i really didnt know what to expect. im impressed tho. if i ever need another kit in the future i wont hesitate to order from auctmarts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts