Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a pretty good offer today on a loaded F-150 FX4.

I'm looking for opinions from those who've owned pick-ups, not just Ford.

I'm considering trading in the WRX.

Also looking for opinions on the Nissan Titan.

Thanks. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
phobiaphobe said:
The F150s are nice but better budget more for gas.

Humor me and take a V8 Tundra for a test drive.
I've driven my bud's new Tundra and like it a lot. My best prices are going to come in with the Titan or F-150 though (dad is in the business.) The wife likes the looks of the Titan better.

Besides, I'll save gas by riding the RC.

.......Oh wait, um nevermind. :D

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
Of both of them, I like the Titan more. If it and the Tundra weren't such pigs I'd have probably signed on one of them..more then likely the Titan just cause the Tundra is replaced next year.

A friend has a new F but it's not the loaded one and I think the interior is a little cheesy. I know thats an odd comment considering points the Nissan had against it for similar...but I think they refined it a bit since those issues came out.

Definetely visit a forum or two on both trucks to find out the real deal though...thats invaluable info to be had.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
i have an F150 and have had NO problems with it. Had it for just over 4 years now

·
Registered
198 Posts
ConqSoft said:
I'm on F-150 #3... Not because of problems, but because I like 'em. ;)

F-150 #2 for me. :thumb: 05 FX-4 Supercrew.

Only 1 minor complaint. Front wheel brake dust is hard to keep clean.

My buddy has a Titan, and the complaint on the Titan boards is--much worse on gas and only 5 more HP.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
My 40k 2002 has been a good truck. Would love to have one of the newer design models. It will be on my short list when we upgrade... :twocents:

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Had to do over again, I'd purchase another F-150 instead of this Ram (I owned three F-series before buying my Chevy two trucks ago). They're the best looking truck on the market IMHO (the F-150) and you get more for your money.

That said, I'm sick of trucks after having driven them for going on 20 years now. If I were in your shoes, I'd get a cool sports sedan instead.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Chain said:
That said, I'm sick of trucks after having driven them for going on 20 years now. If I were in your shoes, I'd get a cool sports sedan instead.
My Trooper only has 65k on it, but it's a '98 and I don't want to abuse it. I'm looking for something to tow two VTX 1800's with if I can somehow get the coin together for an enclosed trailer.

Ideally I'd sell the Trooper, keep the WRX, and get a full-size truck. The reality is that I don't want to be obligated to those kind of car payments.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Why 4 wheel drive? Are you really going to take it off road? I got a GMC that I use to tow the sheep hauler (try that with a sports car Chain ;) ) and the only thing I can say bad is I wish I had gone 3/4 ton. So if you are paying the premium for 4WD consider upgrading to 3/4 and staying 2WD

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
DUX said:
My Trooper only has 65k on it, but it's a '98 and I don't want to abuse it. I'm looking for something to tow two VTX 1800's with if I can somehow get the coin together for an enclosed trailer.
Pulling an enclosed trailer with a couple motorcycles inside shouldn't amount to "abuse" of your Trooper. A little extra wear and tear on brakes, but beyond that, what's the rub?

In the end of course, it's your money, your choice. :)

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Chain said:
Pulling an enclosed trailer with a couple motorcycles inside shouldn't amount to "abuse" of your Trooper. A little extra wear and tear on brakes, but beyond that, what's the rub?

In the end of course, it's your money, your choice. :)
I currently use it to tow an open aluminum trailer and the two bikes. It's not abuse exactly, but it is an older vehicle and we tow through the mtns in Vermont. I'm just concerned about the age of the vehicle and adding the increased weight of an enclosed trailer. It will have to be at least 12' long, and probably a dual axle to accomodate the bikes. The Trooper has a 200-ish HP 6 cyllinder.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sheepofblue said:
Why 4 wheel drive? Are you really going to take it off road? I got a GMC that I use to tow the sheep hauler (try that with a sports car Chain ;) ) and the only thing I can say bad is I wish I had gone 3/4 ton. So if you are paying the premium for 4WD consider upgrading to 3/4 and staying 2WD
I love 4WD. All of my vehicles for the past 5yrs or so have been 4WD or AWD. It doesn't get used much here in DE, but when we go up north it's very nice to have.

The AWD of the Subaru isn't just for snow. That car is great in the rain, especially at speed on the highway. It really makes a difference.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
DUX said:
I currently use it to tow an open aluminum trailer and the two bikes. It's not abuse exactly, but it is an older vehicle and we tow through the mtns in Vermont. I'm just concerned about the age of the vehicle and adding the increased weight of an enclosed trailer. It will have to be at least 12' long, and probably a dual axle to accomodate the bikes. The Trooper has a 200-ish HP 6 cyllinder.
Dual axle adds a few pounds but gets you trailer brakes :thumb:

As far as the trooper, a quick look (consult your manual) showed a towing capacity of 5000lbs or less than any full size truck. Remember also that capacity is trailer + bikes + anything in the truck (inside or bed). I think my Sierra is 6800 and a 3/4 get you double that trouper.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
sheepofblue said:
Dual axle adds a few pounds but gets you trailer brakes :thumb:

As far as the trooper, a quick look (consult your manual) showed a towing capacity of 5000lbs or less than any full size truck. Remember also that capacity is trailer + bikes + anything in the truck (inside or bed). I think my Sierra is 6800 and a 3/4 get you double that trouper.
nah - towing is behind the hitch. you have 2 numbers - in the bed and behind the hitch. my truck is rated at 800 in the bed and 5000 tow (that was before i modded it)

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Another big :thumb: from me for the F-150. I've put almost 20,000 miles on mine since purchasing it last February, and it's been outstanding. My final two choices were the Titan and the F-150, and I finally settled on the Ford for two reasons - the Titan is just a little too weird looking, and my wife's '97 Expedition has over 200K miles on it and is still going strong, with almost zero issues along the way.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts