Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any tricks on removing the bolt that secures the counter sprocket? I already have the back tire removed and was wedging the chain between a couple things to try and get the leverage.

how about the brake pad retaining hex bolt?

I tried to change pads and gearing today and it feels like they are welded on. I did not want to strip the hex bolt so I stopped after a couple tries.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Put the wheel and chain back on, put it in gear, step on the brake and take the countershaft bolt out. Before you take anything else off, put some liquid wrench into the caliper pin area to loosen it up. Use a good allen key, not some dime store one and give it a good tug!

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
What Bob said. Shift the bike into sixth and stand on the rear brake.
As for the pad bolts, whomever replaced the pads last must have overtightened them, they shouldn't be that difficult to get out. Definitely spray them with one of the good spray lubes and let it sit for a few minutes first.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, i thought I was turning them the wrong way or something :crying:

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
take it to a reputable motorcycle shop in your area and let them rape you financially. :D

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i ended up having to use an impact wrech on the CS and had to drill out the pad bolt in the caliper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts