Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needing to change the bulb on my bike tomorrow. What will be the easiest way to do so? 96 CBR600. I really don't want to have to take the fairings all off again, but If I have to, then so be it. I'm not able to look at my bike right now is why. If there is a write up or any kind of hints,tips or tricks, that would be cool. Sounds silly to ask about pictures for doing this, but I'd rather be able to know and not do it the hard way since I'm not familiar with this bike. Thanks

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
17 people viewed this, and none of you can help? All I am looking for is a bit of advice or tips. I don't want to have to do exta work if it's not needed.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it that nobody wants to help? Thought this was a forum. Which is intended to help one another, and share the same interests.

Or is it that nobody knows? If that's the case, I guess I'll do it myself and write a write-up on it for future people who don't know. This way they won't be stuck without an answer, like I am.

·
Registered
216 Posts
It's possible that each person viewing this is already in your situation, so no help is available to offer. Usually if all else fails, I'll search google...

Anyway, all you have to do is take off the front fairing (the part that the windshield attaches to), pull out the headlight and disconnect it, connect the new one, then put everything back together. It shouldn't be that hard.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Exactly which one needs to come off? Do I need to take off the side fairings, to be able to take off the front fairing? Pictures would help...I don't wanna break anyting trying to change a bulb.

·
Registered
86 Posts
you should be able to change the bulb from underneath the clocks. its a bit awkward but i have done it on my 98 f3. crouch down facing the bike, next to not in front of the front wheel. on the 98 f3 there is a small fairing piece that protects the back of the clocks and headlight from road crud. its held on with to plastic studs, one each side. pull the studs and slide the plastic out. reach up with you hand and feel for the back of the headlight. you should be able to feel a rubber shroud where wires go in to the back of the bulb. pull off the shroud and unplug the connection, the bulb is held in place by a sprung clip. the clip is the tricky bit as all of this is done by feel, because of stupid design you wont be able to actually see what your doing. unclip it, it stays attached to the back of the headlight, so dont worry about dropping it. you should then be able to take the bulb out. the clip is a pig to get back in after and could take a while. before you try any of this have you tried to change the fuse that feeds the headlight???? from what i can remember its a 10amp fuse try changing this first as the bulb my not even need replacing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
djer73, I think he was addressing me since I was the one he quoted. I am glad he did come back and said thank you, shows some class.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sra, not to make excuses, but I also had a death in the family. I didn't intentionally neglect to thank anyone. It just didn't cross my mind to do so. The bike, my car and everything else haven't been my top priority lately.

djer, yes I sure did. Thanks again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts