Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I put a F3 wheel and brakes on my F2 forks? I know I lose the speedometer, but that's not an issue as long as the rest works.
Thanks,
sceaf3

·
Registered
139 Posts
Unfortunately, no. The F3 has bigger rotors so the calipers mount higher on the F3 forks. I think the geometry is a little different preventing F2 rotors on the F3 wheel as well.

If your going to all that trouble on a track bike, have you considered swapping the newer RR inverted front end on it? All the CBR's have the same relative neck dimensions so swapping over is not that exotic of a modification.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information. My post did not cover what might be some important facts. My F2 front end is mounted to a '83 CB1100F (picture attached), using the 1100 clamps that were drilled out to accomodate the 41 mm forks where 39 mm forks were previously located. If I go with a RR front end, how would I make the clamps and steering stem fit the '83 frame?
Thanks for your help.

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Cool swap you have on there. Since it's a neck that I'm unfamiliar with, I cant give you a definate answer... but, I've seen quite a few odd ball swaps where people adapt cbr rr triple trees to other frames by having the neck pin pressed out and turned down to the correct bearing diameter or to new tapered neck bearings with the same outer diameter and have equal or smaller inner diameter (all balls bearings for example: All Balls Products). With the economy the way it is, you can find complete cbr 1000rr front ends relatively cheap on ebay or craigslist. You'd have to do some footwork to compare the neck sizes though. Also, be concious of the rake and trail while doing this. I cant imagine your rake would be more extreme than a CBR so you should stay well within safe limits. It may, however increase your turn in speed having less trail which will make for faster cornering.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts