Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bud of mine that I work with has an F4, but after getting warmed goes dead and has a heck of time getting her re-started.

Replaced the fuel pump, fuel pump relay and stator. Yesterday he discovered for sure, that it's the fuel pump cutting out.

I've suggested just by passing the fuel pump since it's carbs and go riding, but he would rather figure this mystery out.

Any input I could pass on to him would be appreciated before he takes it to the "stealer" for service.

Ride safe!!

Big Dave

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
I had intermitant fuel pump issues with my Baby Blade when I first got her and had to replace it.. This is gonna sound daft but has he tried yet another fuel pump on it, say from a bike where it definately works, he may well have replaced the dodgy one with another dodgy one..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suppose anything is possible, but considering it's going dead the same exact way with the new pump and new relay..........I tend to think something else is amidst. Thanks Loop, I'll still run that thought by him on Monday.

It will sit there and idle all day, but as soon as he gets down the road it stalls out! It's seems that once it's under a load it just shuts off.

Tried a new battery, too. He did mention that after the new stator was installed it blew a 30A fuse and he had to walk it back home. Can't remember exactly which fuse he said.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts