Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Am thinking of upgrading my F4 front to the F4i front (Fairing, lights & air intakes). Has anyone done this before? Do I need to change the dials/clocks to the F4i ones to fit or can I keep the oem ones?

I just like the look of the F4i front and think it'd be a nice mod.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
You would need f4i upper fairing stay, and head light, wind screne. And you can use your f4 gauges. But there is a conversion for the f4i digital gauges as well. I'm trying to do the same conversion myself too.. LOL

-Jose

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Noticed your bike is Red & Black, they don't have that combo in Australia, Mine is Red Bottom, Metallic blue upper and white tail. Looks ok, but am a bit over it, is probably why I want to change the front end.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hehe thank you.. Yeah its crazy how we are limited to certain bikes around the world and what we want but thank god for ebay and fairings kits lol hey i found a website that show's a guy making his F4 into A F4I

http://cbrforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99954

check it out its crazy!!
I really want to Convert the front upper fairings and include HID lights and I want to convert the back sits to give it that sporty look

·
Registered
4 Posts
Guys I did this conversion its easy enough to do, couple of things you need to know

Ram air actually mean the air is ramed in so if you just have the air ducts just point at the airbox it will not work that stupid mistake cost me no bike for 2 months over summer, the air has to be a sealed tube from the front fairing to the airbox ( NO Gaps)

You need to to change the speedo, it will look really **** if you dont you will have to butcher your old one to even get it to fit in and at that it will flop around, its a little bit harder to do but I did it with no experience

I sure I can dig up pictures if anyone whats them

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently bought a 99 600 f4 i am and always have and will be a r1 fan but like i said guy needed money and got a amazing deal any way i got it and really to my amazement enjoy it but what i was going to say i did the gauge swap to the f4i it was simple i had read alot about it how u have to do this and that it took me longer to get the wiring harness to where i could get to it ,than it did to make swap every thing works like a charm only tthing i had to change the temp sensor to a 98 rr 900 cost 13$ have easy as 123 diagram if any one should need it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts