Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently while riding my 2003 f4i, the bike would lose rpms rapidly when it hit about 8-9k rpms. The entire cluster went blank on me when I tired to rev through it, like the key was in the off position. When I got the bike home and shut it off it wouldn't start, but the cluster came back on. Could this be a stator issue? I have replaced everything but that it seems..

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
have you replaced the Regulator/Rectifier?

how old is your battery?

when it "wouldn't start", did you get a click?
would it turn over but not "fire"?
did it act like a dead battery or no fuel?

Answering those questions will probably determine whether it's an electrical or fuel issue... or both. Have you replaced the fuel filter and/or fuel pump? Sparkplugs?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yessir replaced the regulator, new plugs, new battery, replaced coils, fuel filter, and the fuel pressure regulator. When I initially tried to start it there was no click or turning over at all, the longer it sits the more it starts to turn over, and eventually will start. Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also a side note, the bike seems to run flawlessly the first couple miles when I hop on until it starts to bug out. Bike starts the struggle at higher rpms, won't reach 'rev limiter' or high rpms through all gears

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
hmh.:hmm:

well, you either have multiple malfunctions or it's just above my paygrade. I apologize for not being able to help, but anything I type from here on would just be guessing.

best of luck, and I hope one/some of the more technical members chime-in to assist you :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts