Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been putting this cycle back together. after someone went down on it.it had just over 900 miles on it.when i bought i didnt hear it running.i replaced the tank.swapped out the pump from the old to new tank.with key on the guage does its swipe.the fuel pump does nothing! the engine will crank.and i checked for spark .and itsw not getting spark. fuses all good.clutch switch connected.tip sensor connected.my headlights work. any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
i have been putting this cycle back together. after someone went down on it.it had just over 900 miles on it.when i bought i didnt hear it running.i replaced the tank.swapped out the pump from the old to new tank.with key on the guage does its swipe.the fuel pump does nothing! the engine will crank.and i checked for spark .and itsw not getting spark. fuses all good.clutch switch connected.tip sensor connected.my headlights work. any suggestions?

Does the fuel pump work when you apply 12V power to it?
Is it throwing any codes on the dash?
Does the bank angle sensor work?
Does the kill switch work?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i haven't tried direct power to the pump.there is three wires .which wires do i jump? not sure how to obtain the codes.the dash is normal.with the oil indicator blinking.im not sure about the tip sensor.its in the uprite position.is there a way to loop it? it had three wires. kill switch does work! motor will not turn over with it switched in the not run position.i did notice there is a indicator light next to the nuetral one. it goes off when i stop cranking the motor. and when i put in gear and pull the clutch in.it will not crank.i jumped the wires to the clutch switch. made no difference

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i haven't tried direct power to the pump.there is three wires .which wires do i jump? not sure how to obtain the codes.the dash is normal.with the oil indicator blinking.im not sure about the tip sensor.its in the uprite position.is there a way to loop it? it had three wires. kill switch does work! motor will not turn over with it switched in the not run position.i did notice there is a indicator light next to the nuetral one. it goes off when i stop cranking the motor. and when i put in gear and pull the clutch in.it will not crank.i jumped the wires to the clutch switch. made no difference
i did forget to put the side stand up! it cranks with the clutch looped and sidestand up in gear.but,still no fire at the plug! i have # coil boot out to the side.attached at the harness and sparkplug connected.grounded at the frame side

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i took loose the tip sensor with key on. when i plug back in.i hear the relay click.the relay closest to the passenger peg. could my ecm be faulty

·
Registered
993 Posts
this happend to my 929 when I didn't have the power commander plugged into both the fuel rail and the plug going to the ECU from the fuel rail all the way....

This also happend when my power commander was in boot loader mode...

The plug is under the tank by the fuel rail.

GL!

·
Registered
993 Posts
Your bike will turn over (and not start) if you unplug/have a faulty tip sensor....

You can bypass the tip sensor by connecting the two OUTSIDE wires on the three wire plug together... stunters and racers who get at extreme lean angles bypass their tip sensors:)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your bike will turn over (and not start) if you unplug/have a faulty tip sensor....

You can bypass the tip sensor by connecting the two OUTSIDE wires on the three wire plug together... stunters and racers who get at extreme lean angles bypass their tip sensors:)
i check,sensor is good,clutch switch good,side stand switch good.check and has no codes. i did jum the fuel pump.and it does work! im not sure what else,checked wire connections,there is a single red wire white stripe. that has a fuse attached,and like a fake plug.covering a spade male connector. and the female side is there not connected.but,with the plug its looking like its not meant to connect:idunno:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok,i swapped out the ecm. it made no change. there was a wire that was part of the main harness that wasnt plugged to anything.single red white strip.it went to the ride side harness that the tail light plugs to.. boom it solved my problem. fired rite up! nit sure what the single wire is.but, i do know it needs to be plugged in

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Been following this thread, glad you found the problem. You have to tell us what that red/wt wire was...

I'll bet you smiled real big when you finaly got her to stay running!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts

Can you please point out which wire that was? I'm having the same problem as you do....but I don't see a red/white wire that goes to the tail light besides the engine cut off relay red white wires

1 - 12 of 12 Posts