Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a problem with my 2003 F4i that is really bumming me out. The bike starts fine, idles perfect, and all around rides great except when i hit about 8k rpms the bike stops accelerating and just loses power, also it will not hit the rev limiter when I pull in the clutch and try to rev it, just kinda stops at 10k and sounds terrible. Bike has 35k miles. New plugs, I replaced the fuel filter, coils, regulator, and battery, brand new k&n air filter. I have a small slip on exhaust I put on about 2 months ago, however the problem was there before that. I always run 93 octane could that be an issue? Its very frustrating because i cannot keep up with any other bikes I ride with and I dont know what to do with it anymore. Ive seen many other people on threads with this same problem but have yet to find an answer, please, please help! Thank you.

·
Registered
227 Posts
sounds like shes stealing juice thru a bad connection (grounding out when the need for more power rises) have you checked your starter relay connections? next to battery..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I've changed a fuse in the solenoid once but that's all I've really done to it, what would intel a bad connection?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts