Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if there exists a face shield that is darker/smoked during the day but turns clear at night? I know there's sunglasses that do that, but in a shiled it sure qould be nice.

During the day the glare is blinding sometimes and would be nice to have a shaded shield. But then at night it's harder to see out of a tinted shield.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Anyone know if there exists a face shield that is darker/smoked during the day but turns clear at night? I know there's sunglasses that do that, but in a shiled it sure qould be nice.

During the day the glare is blinding sometimes and would be nice to have a shaded shield. But then at night it's harder to see out of a tinted shield.
I asked that same question to the guys here at Redline and they said that there wasn't a shield, but more like a stick-on... the investigation begins.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
That'd be nice, My Scott motoX goggles have light sensitive tint to the lenses. Used to be photogray was only available on glass lenses now they can do it with plastic. I usually just throw my clear visor in the tank bag when I go ride.

·
Registered
536 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
ABSOLUTELY there is. I just bought one for my AGV helmet visor . Got it @ DennisKirk - Home page . Mine is a "Progrip " race vision lens.It is light sensitive lens .I have NOT installed it yet ,but now that you mentioned it, i am going to take it out into the sun right now to see if it changes tint like they claim......was about $15

·
Registered
347 Posts
i put the fog city version inside my clear shield, and it works well. it darkens quickly, but the only gripe i have is i would like it darker, so i just put the black visor strip on and that works as well as a visor in a car. the one thing i really like is that it makes it like insulated double pane glass, and fog inside is a non issue. i ride everyday, and on the few times it rains in socal, its been a good addition.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts