Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At work the other day I was hopping off my 900rr, and I didn't deploy the kick stand all the way (about all I could think that happened) and of course the bike tumbled down with me, falling over on it's left side.

Now my radiator fan won't kick on. It used to come on at 200 degrees and would run after that....now it won't kick over at all.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm afraid to ride it like this.

·
Registered
791 Posts
The only thing I can think is the fan sensor plug got knocked off or damaged. Idk wht model you have. On the 98 it's at the front left of the radiator, fairly obvious to see.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I agree with amorti that when your bike fell over it either damaged the plug or knocked it loose. I had the same issue with mine when I was throwing my HotBodies kit on it. In the left front of your fairing (or looking at the bike from the front, the plugs on the right of the radiator) & should be visible/reachable through the left side of the bike through the fairing. Just check the plug and shove it back on there or disconnect it and reconnect it & let the bike warm up to about 210-220 then turn off your kill switch not the ignition & wait a second and check to see if your fan kicks on (sometimes on my bike it takes upwards of 30-45 seconds to kick on when I'm done riding) Hope it helps :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only thing I can think is the fan sensor plug got knocked off or damaged. Idk wht model you have. On the 98 it's at the front left of the radiator, fairly obvious to see.
Yes I'm on a '98.

I tried unplugging it and replugging it back in to no avail.

Could the unplugged bugger in the bottom left of photo have anything to do with it? It's running out of the fan.

Thanks for all the help guys!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes. I fixed it, even rigged up a on/off switch.

When it fell over the bolt that held the ground in disappeared.

Thanks again guys!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts