Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Blades Riders:
Here is the thing. I rode my blades last night on highway and all of sudden, my FI light went off. I slow it down right away get off the highway into a parking lot. I turned off the engine and turn the engine back on. No good, the FI light still on. So I decided to ride back home, check the service maual for this matter. After let kickstand down and refire the engine, I got MIL ligth blinking. It is 3 long blinks w/ 5 short blinks. Referred service manual it is Error code 35. --- Faulty EGCV and air intake valve servo motor. I have no idea what it was so I called dealership this morning regarding this error code and they said it's not a server issue. They said it won't harm and damage the engine ro tranny. The only thing would be if I am riding at high speed and air intake might not be correct. Since my bike is running normal, I wonder if they said is true or not. Can anyone has similar porblem beofre or can tell me if I can still ride my bike w/o harming the engine. I book the appointment already (for next weekend) but I really want to go out and ride my bike. Please hele me....:-(

·
Registered
502 Posts
Sounds like the servo that controls the flapper in the airbox, and the exhaust system valve in the HTEV has gone south. My '00 stripped its gears and I go tthis code. Replaced the servo and all was well again.

Start by checking the position of the pulley on the servo that the cables ride on. The allen head set screw should be perpendicular to the centerline of the bike. If it isn't move it to that point. Start the bike up, rev it to 3,000 or just above, while watching the servo pulley. If it doesn't move, or if it doesn't move back to its starting point when it returns to idle, that is the problem.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Latebraking : Sounds like the servo that controls the flapper in the airbox, and the exhaust system valve in the HTEV has gone south. My '00 stripped its gears and I go tthis code. Replaced the servo and all was well again.

Start by checking the position of the pulley on the servo that the cables ride on. The allen head set screw should be perpendicular to the centerline of the bike. If it isn't move it to that point. Start the bike up, rev it to 3,000 or just above, while watching the servo pulley. If it doesn't move, or if it doesn't move back to its starting point when it returns to idle, that is the problem.
hi, latebraking:
Thank you for your precious info. Can I still ride my bike as usal or I shouls stop riding it. Does this error do any damage or harm to the engine or transaction? I never abuse my bike, do u think what might be the cause? Any idea how long will it take to fix the problem if I drop off my bike at shop. Thx for your help. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
502 Posts
You won't hurt anything by continuing to ride it, although you may notice it doesn't run as well in some rpm ranges.

Failure of this part can't be attributed to how a person operates the bike (unless maybe it sits for long periods of time), they just break.

Can't say how long your shop may take to fix it, but they'll probably have to order the part. The job of replacing the servo won't take more than an hour.

·
Registered
441 Posts
The reason the servo normally goes bad is because a rock or something gets into the HTEV valve where the cables go. The shield doesn't fit tight enough. The result is the gears on the servo strip out and won't move anymore. Take off the cover where the cables go into the HTEV with a 10mm socket and make sure nothing is in there. If nothing is then disconnect the cables and make sure it moves smoothly. It's not as likely that the air box flapper will get stuck and cause this but keep checking until you figure out why it happened before just replacing the servo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts