Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought some fairings from Korea, despite the pros/cons of the forum posts ( 92-95 CBR 900rr). Everything looks great and fit well until I got to the front fairing. My new fairing sports an ovular shape for the headlights and mine are more rectangle and come to a point at the edge. I thought about cutting the new fairing, but the ovals are taller than my lights. What should I do? I am going crazy.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
So I just bought some fairings from Korea, despite the pros/cons of the forum posts ( 92-95 CBR 900rr). Everything looks great and fit well until I got to the front fairing. My new fairing sports an ovular shape for the headlights and mine are more rectangle and come to a point at the edge. I thought about cutting the new fairing, but the ovals are taller than my lights. What should I do? I am going crazy.
:hmm: It looks like they've sent (or you've ordered) the original fox eye fairing.. The lights changed in 1994.. You could buy different lights (92-93 model), you should be able to pick them up quite cheap on ebay or alternatively send the whole lot back and get the right ones for your year of bike.. Getting different lights is probably cheapest/easiest option..

There's no way I would be carving up the fairings to make the lights fit..

Reactions: denzee

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
:hmm: It looks like they've sent (or you've ordered) the original fox eye fairing.. The lights changed in 1994.. You could buy different lights (92-93 model), you should be able to pick them up quite cheap on ebay or alternatively send the whole lot back and get the right ones for your year of bike.. Getting different lights is probably cheapest/easiest option..

:plus1:Now does Loopy know her stuff or what? Bang on advise. Not a lot of option unfortunately.

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
:plus1:Now does Loopy know her stuff or what? Bang on advise. Not a lot of option unfortunately.
:O awww, shucks...

There's one other thing bugging me about the new black/red fairing and that is it looks narrower than the one being replaced.. It may just be the angle the photo was taken at, but I'm pretty damn sure it looks narrower :hmm:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts

Looking like it is coming along nice. Loopy is correct, I would contact the seller before installing the nose. I think I found your kit with the later model headlight mounts. They might switch it out for you. That is going to look really good.:thumb:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
I would contact the seller before installing the nose. I think I found your kit with the later model headlight mounts. They might switch it out for you.
I'd measure the widths of both fairing pieces first.. If they are slightly different widths the correct nose cone might not fit on the fairing he's already bought..

·
Registered
931 Posts
I dont know exactly the model years, but, the original couple of years had round headlamps. This changed about '95 to the flatter 'glass' front with the 'smiley face'. I do know that the RRW/X models had a larger glass front with no 'ears'. The fairings also changed shape with each incarnation (getting wider with each revision).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I got in touch with the company in Korea and they say that in other countries the head fairing would fit from 92-95. Basically, they are making me pay $100 to ship me the one that is compatible for the 95-97. Guess that what I get for going overseas. Lol.:crying:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts