Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well for the last two weekends I have been looking for a place to ride that had some decent roads for one and for two, TURNS. Found 'em not far from base camp. For those in Santa Barbara, take the 154 till it connects with 101, and not State St. Make a rt on Zaca Station rd. This ties into Foxen Canyon road and bypasses all of the potholes on Foxen. There is about 2-3 miles of rough road and just when you think it will not get better, WHA LA, fresh pavement. Biggest fear out there is taking out a squirrel or a freakin' yuppie in their Beamer or Porshe in your lane. Outside of that plenty of right and left hand sweepers, straights and some good 90's that you can see all the way through to hit the big Apex. I took another rd, Teppusquet (sic) and that ends up intersecting the 166. Was low on gas so I headed into SLO gas'ed up and did a 180. Teppusquet is also freshly paved with some good turns in it as well. Gotta becareful on this one. THe local rip down it fast and think the whole road is theirs. It is a narrow road for the most part. After about 12 miles from Foxen cyn rd the road turns sour. It is passable but gotta go slow. Stay in your lane here as well. Mr Ford Taurus and I almost became up close and personal. Cager, in my lane, exiting out a blind rt hander for him. If this section ever gets repaved watchout, it would be a sportbike paradise. The descent here rivals the elevator at Leguna Seca. Nothing but trees and 180 switch backs. Very potted and uneven rd. Slow and easy. Ya pop out on 166 about 12 miles fm SLO. 166 looks like a good rd as well to the right. Will have to check it out sometime. Saw only one popo all day. Take a camera and go slow, BEAUTIFUL countryside out there.

Still not used to this GREEN stuff. Could not be the day that is for sure. Sunny calm and about 75 degrees. What more could ya ask for... Hmmmm, where is that GF????

Gotta go. Man, whatta day!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sounds like you had fun.

In the future you may want to take Hwy 166 east to Cerro Norroeste (which is a few miles past where Hwy 166 intercects with Hwy 33) you will find some of the best undulating, twisty, mostly un-travelled, hardly a driveway or side road ,tarmac that can be found. However its Winter and now is definately not the time to do it. I go up there a few times a year with my ride group.

Also Hwy 33 from Lockwood valley to Ojai is a blast too!

Hope you join us for a ride soon,
Nathan

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Mojave954 said:
Biggest fear out there ....or a freakin' yuppie in their Beamer or Porshe in your lane.
I'm telling your G/F you're calling her a yuppie now... :nono: :rotfl: :rotfl: Sounds like fun. We also hit the tar this weekend. Put on about 160 miles....didn't see the green stuff your talking about though.... :idunno: :rotfl:

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
nedro said:
It's California...The green stuff was in his pipe. :eek:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I want to ride too!! :whine: Looks like the only way I'll be doing that anytime soon, is to smoke some of that Mojave stuff too. :)

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah is was nice. Good that you guys got out. Got an email fm Roaddog. Poor sap! Snow and cold. We gotta keep 'em cc'ed though. Let him know what he is missing. Good thing he has the front and rear stands, makes pretending to ride better. :eyebrows:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts