Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Problems with the 954. Just got it put back together. Had to change CCT. Never touched the suspension as far as tryin to tweak it because it was perfect before. Now that the bike is back together, it wants to turn the bars to lock around slow turns (never before unless tyre pressures were too low), and then at speed the bike just wants to straight:idunno: . also has the tendency to slap a lil over ripples. I took the forks off to drop the motor out and do a few more things. Never took the wheel off of the forks though. I first assumend the steering head bearing was too tight. But it is at spec. Bearings are All Ballz (tapered) that were replaced in Jan of 08 aong with races. Tire pressures are on spot (runnin Michelin Pilot Powers with 40 PSI). Braks are not dragging. Swingarm was not touched. Tires had sat for about 4 months while the bike was down, but have plenty of tread as the were about 4 months old prior. For some reason my suspension feels alot stiffer at the front, but again never adjusted. Temps here have been around 27-30 degrees at night and about 50 in the light in West Texas. Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts