Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This stuff really drives me nuts... :rant: :rant: :rant:

I just got back from my gf's daughters Christmas pagent. She's 4 and a half (can't forget the "and a half" - very important!) Anyway, people were pretty much shoving eachother to get in and take vids and pics of their children.

Undertandable that you want to "capture the moment." But come on! When I saw a rather large gentlemen in the front row stand up and block the view of a 70 year old grandmother I was in complete disbelief. Then, when she asked him to sit down becuase she couldn't see, HE STARED HER DOWN!!!

Can you believe this? It's a children's Christmas event for the love of god! It's suppose to be fun. Who cares if they don't get the song right or if their costume isn't perfect? Come on here parents, let's be reasonable about this stuff.

Were our parents like this? I just remember mine sitting in the back and waving. They just wanted me to have a good time and know that they were proud of me. Shouldn't that be enough? Does everything have to be such a big deal?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Common courtesy has gone the way of the DoDo, just look at how people behave in traffic or have a listen to your friendly neighborhood radio station - more than ever, people suck.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This stuff is just insane.

I believe someone on the board had an even worse story about a little league game gone wrong.

What the heck has happened to parenting??? Teaching respect has gone to complete hell!!!

:soapbox:

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
pdx954 said:
This stuff is just insane.

I believe someone on the board had an even worse story about a little league game gone wrong.

What the heck has happened to parenting??? Teaching respect has gone to complete hell!!!
:soapbox:
Someone decided kids should have rights and parenting should be more friend driven then being an actual roll model

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
TGZ13 said:
Someone decided kids should have rights and parenting should be more friend driven then being an actual roll model
An den some other country realized that if they continue to be parents and raise their kids to be proper and do their homework they can have our jobs.

Look at the snowball go...

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
TraumaOne said:
That's why I love living in the south... we wouldn't put up with a northerner who pulled that shit...
It's going the way of the Dodo down here too... unless you go at least 30-40 miles outside of Atl.

I would probably sit here with my mouth shut but... I've been Christmas shopping. What happened to respect? What happened to manners?

If I have another @#%&#%& shopper walk in front of me (when I am obviously looking at something on a shelf) stop, and block my view as if I don't even exist, you will read about me in the news!!!! :rant: If I have another driver, who I flag into an extremely busy roadway, take the space I so graciously granted and not even acknowledge my existence you will hear of another road rage incident!!!! If I have to hear anymore Nextel conversations while standing in line I'll be the guy who crushed a cell phone under his boot at Toys-R-Us. DAMN IT!!!!!

These greviences may seem like nothing to others in countries far away and places like New York ( ;) ) but we expect respect (and granting it is/was a given ) down here!! (Damn it) :rant:

But I digress..... :smilebig: Merry Christmas!!!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fig said:
Remember that asshole you went to high school with? Well he's grown up now, and has kids..
Fig
Never thought of that...now I'm very scarred. I went to school with a lot of people that should not be able to reproduce. Unfortunately, I'm probably one of them.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
damn before I read this I didn't think many others besides me knew the term "common curtesy" if people just had a little bit of it the world would be such better place.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
cbr99xx said:
It's going the way of the Dodo down here too... unless you go at least 30-40 miles outside of Atl.

I would probably sit here with my mouth shut but... I've been Christmas shopping. What happened to respect? What happened to manners?

If I have another @#%&#%& shopper walk in front of me (when I am obviously looking at something on a shelf) stop, and block my view as if I don't even exist, you will read about me in the news!!!! :rant: If I have another driver, who I flag into an extremely busy roadway, take the space I so graciously granted and not even acknowledge my existence you will hear of another road rage incident!!!! If I have to hear anymore Nextel conversations while standing in line I'll be the guy who crushed a cell phone under his boot at Toys-R-Us. DAMN IT!!!!!

These greviences may seem like nothing to others in countries far away and places like New York ( ;) ) but we expect respect (and granting it is/was a given ) down here!! (Damn it) :rant:

I hear ya, feel your pain cbr. Unfortunately, it seems to be where society is headed... :crap:

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Fig said:
Remember that asshole you went to high school with? Well he's grown up now, and has kids..
Fig
True that.

Here you can add this:

Remember that asshole you went to high school with? Well he's grown up now, and has a badge and gun.

Dont know what it is but all the jackass, drug dealing trouble making kids from HS are now cops. Man if that doesnt make you feel safe I dont know what will

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
cbr99xx said:

Atlanta is a special case in the south :(

Of course the real thing you are forgetting is that you are not polite for someone but for yourself. I try to help people and be polite because that is the person I want to be, if they benefit also that is even better. If I stop and help someone I feel better even if they snub me. Most of the time we both benefit :smilebig:

So folks remember manners can start with you for you, or not, the choice does not belong to society :hmm:

:gve: choose wisely and have a very Merry Chistmas and an even better New Year

1 - 20 of 20 Posts