Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all from Scotland::::

I have a 2009 Blade 700miles covered.. I have only just noticed that the right hand side fan is the only one that kicks in around 100C. I have left the bike idling for 15 minutes and the temp flucuates 100-106 or whatever. The left hand fan looks as though it never comes on at all.

Anyone else had this..Any advice would be great.

Cheers

Stuart

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hi all from Scotland::::

I have a 2009 Blade 700miles covered.. I have only just noticed that the right hand side fan is the only one that kicks in around 100C. I have left the bike idling for 15 minutes and the temp flucuates 100-106 or whatever. The left hand fan looks as though it never comes on at all.

Anyone else had this..Any advice would be great.

Cheers

Stuart

Doesn't one fan come on at 102C and the other at 106C on those?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would make sense, I've only just become aware of this, so maybe it does. I've left it idling tonite as I said and never noticed the other one spinning in. only the RHS.. The temp was at 106c for a while mind and it still never fired up. I'll look at it at weekend.

Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
It's unusual to see both on unless the engine gets very hot in traffic.

TBH I can't remember the temp trigger points either, but the RHS one cutting in usually makes the temp drop on mine pretty quick anyway.

Don't worry about it...............you live in Scotland anyway :D:surrender:

·
Registered
277 Posts
do the Daytona bike week shuffle and it will come on, would have to look at my manual to be certain. some where near melt down i think.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts