Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 6 years of SC28 ownership I’m calling it a day. I’ve now sold my ‘93 RR-P to a chap who is going to put it into a private collection and due to age and dodgy wrists I’m moving on to a BMW S1000R

I’ve enjoyed the forum, although it’s a shadow of it was like 6 years ago but @MrPickwick and @IanDoohan not only have been great pals but have been patient and incredibly generous with their time and technical help.

Back in 2015 I bought a tatty ex trackday bike and built my own Urban Tiger

4A46A7B8-86B5-4B2A-B659-0525E165E124.jpeg

And then two years ago I bought a stunning early Blade off a fellow forum member.

D38AA31D-1C26-4E78-9D4E-1278F44D8E47.jpeg

So that’s my Blade journey over, it’s been an enjoyable 6 years, they never fail to grab attention from other bikers and are without doubt an iconic bike with a unique riding experience.

I will dip in to the forum now and again but once again thank you for all your help, advice and smiles over the last 6 years

Stay safe.

George

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,245 Posts
It’s been a pleasure chatting with you and seeing your build come to fruition. You scored a great bike from Andrew and treated it as any blade enthusiast would. You were/are considered one of the good guys, Gunk. Enjoy the new ride and the new adventures. We will miss you for sure. PS let us know how drab and boring the BMW forum guys are 😉.
Hopefully you’ll see what’s next on my list of “new adventures” 😎

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
After 6 years of SC28 ownership I’m calling it a day. I’ve now sold my ‘93 RR-P to a chap who is going to put it into a private collection and due to age and dodgy wrists I’m moving on to a BMW S1000R

I’ve enjoyed the forum, although it’s a shadow of it was like 6 years ago but @MrPickwick and @IanDoohan not only have been great pals but have been patient and incredibly generous with their time and technical help.

Back in 2015 I bought a tatty ex trackday bike and built my own Urban Tiger

View attachment 109312

And then two years ago I bought a stunning early Blade off a fellow forum member.

View attachment 109313

So that’s my Blade journey over, it’s been an enjoyable 6 years, they never fail to grab attention from other bikers and are without doubt an iconic bike with a unique riding experience.

I will dip in to the forum now and again but once again thank you for all your help, advice and smiles over the last 6 years

Stay safe.

George
Sad to see you go. Can understand the reasons why, and no doubt you will make some friends on whatever BMW forum you land on. But never forget, a German joke is no laughing matter.

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Of course you have to take the BMW to Germany, whenever they decide they can accept foreigners again......

·
Registered
34 Posts
They’re a brilliant bike, the 6 cylinder engine is mega.

you guys over there seem to have much more garage space. I have a standard UK single garage 18x9, so I’m a bit tight on space.
lol......I have a lot of garage space......too much actually according to the wife. 1000 square foot heated shop + 3 more heated stalls and 3 without.......guess I can't complain.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
I have a German Two-car, Half filled with the In-Laws gardening crap, other half is my tool box. Barely enough space to turn the bike around!
Low door and roof also guarantee my VW van has to stay outside, too!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts