Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out that the replacement lights for the rear turn signals don't draw enough current to let the circuit know there is an operating light in its rear housing. Has anyone come across this problem before and know where to get lights that pull the right amount of current so they stop blinking fast?

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
They must be LED lights then. You'll need an electronic flasher to replace the factory one that has a preset blink rate not based on load. You'll find them if you Google it. You didn't mention what your bike is so you'll have to locate it. The other option is resistors put inline to the signals but I wouldn't recommend that over the flasher.

·
Registered
17 Posts
yes mate its comon with after market lights if u go in any bike shop an tell them they will give u alittle resistor wich u fit on the live of the indacator an will sort it mate i think last one i done there bout tenner each side for prt an it shows ye how to fit dead easy mate

·
Registered
900 Posts
trouble is they get hot, and you can get a relay for a tenner thats half the price.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
These are bulbs that I have plugged in right now, they're not LEDs. Do LED lights come in a bulb form? Is that what everyone is trying to tell me? Because the bulbs that burnt out were glass bulbs, and they blinked at a regular interval.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
These are bulbs that I have plugged in right now, they're not LEDs. Do LED lights come in a bulb form? Is that what everyone is trying to tell me? Because the bulbs that burnt out were glass bulbs, and they blinked at a regular interval.
A low wattage bulb could produce the same results, blinking fast. Either way the electronic flasher will still work best. Most LED's do not come in bulb form but I have seen some replacement ones that have several LED's on a regular bulb base.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
What bike do you have?

Motrax sells electronic flasher relays that are just plug and play, I bought one for my Hornet years.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
I have a 2005 CBR 1000 RR.
Hmm. Now this ones tricky.

With the 929 you had a seperate flasher relay, when they brought out the 954 they included it within the clocks (and therefore you couldn't use a plug and play one).

Regarding the 2005 CBR1000RR unless someone has done it on here you might have to do a little bit more research into it.

Any pictures of the bulbs/indicators you wish to fit/have fitted?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts