Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I broke down and watched the movie last night - and I have to say, it wasn't as terrible as I had imagined.

I actually wanted to watch the movie. I surprisingly liked the first movie. It was a good summer popcorn flick, and as long as one checked their brain and just watched, it was enjoyable. (YMMV)

The second one sucked the bag. I hated it with a passion. The story was lame, the dialog was even worse than the first one, and in the end, neither the cars nor the action sequences could cover what turned out to be a horrible, horrible sequel.

Hence, I went into the third one without any expectations, except to see hot chicks, hot cars, and them going sideway around bends without any need to do so.

In the end, I got all 3. If you want to watch the movie, stay away from the trailers, as a lot (if not all) the good scenes are already in there. However, it is still a fun little movie that actually attempts to have a semblence of a plot (there is a first, second and third act - if that means anything)

Yes, the movie is formulated, and yes, how they "throw down" in the end is as dumb as a breakdance "dance off". And yeah, the movie will encourage punk nation to pull their e-brake in their Mom's Toyota Camry at parking lot speeds - but that's no worse than Torque or Biker Boyz for squids.

I give 3/5 revs. It's not going to be anything other than a summer movie, loud, brash, and substain-less.

=====================Mini Spoiler below!=====================
I saw and recognized the Japanese Drift King. It's good that they asked him to be in the movie somewhat. Kewl.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts