Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a few of you were able to catch it at the screenings taking place along side the motorcycle show, but as you know it's been here for the film festival showing in an actual movie theater.
I saw it Sunday, but got there a little late so I decided to see it again. There was to be a showing Sunday night at a different theater in a different city that was sold out, but there were rumors of more showings due to demand. Anyway, they made room for a showing Monday night, Wednesday night and tonight, which I just got back from, all of which were sold out. In fact, I had to sit on one of the folding chairs stuffed in the theater. They will screen it once more tomorrow.
The producers started off the screening talking about how the movie came about and what is next. They are already in pre-production for what is tentatively called "Faster 2". With the success this film is already showing and the changes in the GP landscape they have gone back to DORNA to document this upcoming season. They are just as excited as the rest of us to do so.
Interesting that it all came about because DORNA wanted to start generating publicity in the States for their upcoming re-entry into racing here. It was initially to just be a 30-60 minute show with NBC, but NBC backed out of it because they didn't think it would generate enough interest and they were already spending money with NASCRAP. Bastards.
But we came out better off without NBC anyway.
Seeing it for the second time, I was able to catch more of what was said by the riders in their interviews, and it is great.
The film covers everything from the riders to the bikes, the gear and the tracks. It's awesome.
Oh, and the DVD will be available March 5th.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Awesome. Missed it here because I heard the venue was not very good and at $15 a head I'll spend the $10 or so more for the DVD and be able to watch it again and again. Hm.. now something to look forward too in March!

·
Registered
272 Posts
I am looking forward to the DVD as well!

MArch 5 is a Friday...new releases are usually on Tuesday. Is that a correct date? Also will the local Best Buy carry it?

Did the producers mention availability?

FASTER 2....wow..2004 season that will be cool!

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They just said that March 5th it would be available. I guess nobody thought to ask them where. I'd guess their website.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Just read somewhere that Ewan McGregor (narrator) is taking a long break from movies and doing a cross Asia bike ride with a chum. Not sure what he's riding. :thumb:

Found this on the Net after a bit of digging:

McGregor is clearly on a high. Dressed down in a zip-up top and jeans, which contrast with the formality of the surroundings in the posh suite, he is bubbling with excitement about his forthcoming "adventure of a lifetime" with his best friend, Charley Boorman (son of the director John). In April, they are planning to set off on a 15-week, 20,000-mile tour right around the world on motorbikes. They are testing out various bikes and plotting the trip in a west-London office. With the air of a child who has been locked inside a Toys'R'Us warehouse overnight, McGregor beams: "I'm happy as Larry. I love motorcycles. You're on your own and you make your own decisions - unlike films, where everything's decided for you. I love the long journeys - they represent independence for me. Bikes are my passion. From the moment I first tried one on a racetrack, something happened. It's so exhilarating; it makes me feel more alive."

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
.....so it sounds like "Faster" is almost as good as "Torque" is...... :eyebrows:

I didn't see "Faster" offered at the NYC show.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts