Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

21 - 40 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Depends on person to person. Some people I know can't shift the fat without the cardio as they'll have to stupidly reduce calories. Calories are burned longer "after" training with weights than cardio. I always recommend a mixture of both. Don't forget the most important muscle is the heart.

Also, weight training will help maintain the muscle you have (with a high protein diet) and make the body burn the fat. The mirror is more reliable at judging changes in body composition than the scales.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I know what you meant mate (good twisted film), but yeah I prefer my answer. Only on Sundays for me as it's "cheat day" where I eat what I like as I train daily.
Damn it, didn't have anything yesterday :rant:

Double chocolate cake mmmmmmm.

·
Registered
69 Posts
You have to do it now you have mentioned it. I want to see pics of the final product and you eating it :clap:

Your mission should you choose to accept it....................

·
Registered
69 Posts
Could always cheat and buy a fantasticly made and tasting pre-made and layer the middle. Trying to help as it could be a breakfast of champions! :cool:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Good work fella. If you can manage to add in some upper body weight sessions (doesn't have to be heavy - can be high rep stuff with lighter weights) you'll burn extra calories for longer.
Thanks good advise for me there :)

I normally have sat as my day off so I eat what i like then, dont think I could keep it up long term without the break day. I will try the weights and see if it helps. BTW how come you know so much about this stuff?

·
Registered
445 Posts
diet and training have been a big part of my life the last 8yrs.

lots and lots of evolution in way of food prep and food choices, as well as training ideas. cook twice a week, vacuum seal it in the fridge. ready to go when i want it.

egg omelettes with chicken and vege's, sometimes cheese and/or bacon
beef or chicken with vege's

mostly fibrous vege's, minimal carbs except around training.

·
Registered
355 Posts
It's been a slow and steady weight gain for me for about 17 years from 155lbs to 237lbs. 12 years ago at 208lbs I started doing power lifting workouts in the neigbours garage. Last year I stopped eating the company lunch, brought sandwiches from home. That way I could break my lunch into three parts and keep the portions smaller. Now I'm 223lbs. I would say that cardio is my weak point I don't do any and wind easily. But usually start riding the bicycle in the summer. If you have strong muscles it doesn't take long to build endurance.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks good advise for me there :)

I normally have sat as my day off so I eat what i like then, dont think I could keep it up long term without the break day. I will try the weights and see if it helps. BTW how come you know so much about this stuff?

Always been in to training even from school. I'm a martial artist by trade (hence the nickname) but it's just a passion of mine. I actually started as a stress reliever. I'll be the first to admit I'm a bit of a nut job so training is a way of relaxing me plus it's a must for my job.

·
Registered
21,175 Posts
Always been in to training even from school. I'm a martial artist by trade (hence the nickname) but it's just a passion of mine. I actually started as a stress reliever. I'll be the first to admit I'm a bit of a nut job so training is a way of relaxing me plus it's a must for my job.
That was the reason I made the joke in your introduction threat, you seemed to have missed it :D

21 - 40 of 132 Posts