Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

61 - 80 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Just checking in with the fatties :)

I have lost 1st 10lbs, only 4lbs more than before BUT my family were here on hols so that was that.

Back into it now, started using a cross trainer in the house, got some dumbbells and the bench arrives next monday!!!

So I will soon be able to drop off those extra pounds real soon.

Has anyone found something happens to their food intake when they start training again after a lay off.....in my case when I restart my training regime I go off all junk food, crisps, chocolate etc.

I feel better for it, eat less crap and my meals get back into a healthy pattern of eating once again.....I ain't knocking it for one minute :D

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Oh yeah and Kissing will burn more calories than sex ( if you can kiss for a couple of hours) :rotfl::rotfl:

So keep shagging people :smilebig: :thumb:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Im back on the wagon big time now too, been cycling 10 miles ish every other day and now use the push bike for all local trips to the shops rather than taking the car.

Ive also just purchased an Aplinestars SP1 race suit in a size 60, dont think I will get it in just yet until the belly reduces a bit more but its the inspiration I need to get the weight shifted :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Im back on the wagon big time now too, been cycling 10 miles ish every other day and now use the push bike for all local trips to the shops rather than taking the car.

Ive also just purchased an Aplinestars SP1 race suit in a size 60, dont think I will get it in just yet until the belly reduces a bit more but its the inspiration I need to get the weight shifted :)
GO! GO! GO!:evilaugh:

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Febuary 2012 I was at 271 I am now at 186 I plan on going down to 175, cheaper than mods:evilaugh:
Damn Dan! You get a lapband or HIV? :rotfl:
a lot of people think so:eyebrows:
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Nice going mate, healthy heart and lungs are just as important as simply losing weight :thumb:

Good going Dan :clap:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
GO! GO! GO!:evilaugh:
Thanks Dan, also have the missus saying if "I dont fit in that suit she will kill me for wasting the money" which is an added intensive haha. Only trouble is now I need the matching boots and gloves :eyebrows:

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Thanks Dan, also have the missus saying if "I dont fit in that suit she will kill me for wasting the money" which is an added intensive haha. Only trouble is now I need the matching boots and gloves :eyebrows:
The only incentive that brings to mind when the missus is involved is "OR I will cut your wedding tackle off for wasting the money !" :eek: :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

·
Registered
116 Posts
The Blade was a gift to myself for my acheivements in the past year, I hit 40 so I decided to clean up a bit stoped smoking, drinking and lost the weight... I feel so good, if anyone wants to do it DOOOOOO ITTTTTTTT :evilaugh:

Attachments

·
Registered
454 Posts
I can't really say I've ever been fat or overweight in my life. However, I have had up until recently a small spare tire.
I would like to let anyone who is overweight or who just wants to drop a few pounds in on some advice. I now pretty much have my abs back.
The way that I did it, and it will/should work for everyone else as well...stop drinking soda. The sugar in soda is a huge cause for weight gain and such.
A few very good alternatives are the little drink mixes that are now available. While there is a huge variety, I'm partial to the Arizona tea and lemonade mixes.
Like this one:

You can also get several flavors of the Gatorade Propel fitness water mixes like this too. They are generally about $3 for a pack of ten mixes.
I know Crystal Light has flavors of these types of mixes as well as Hawaiian Punch and such.
That said, if you do decide to try this route, be sure to check the ingredients and ensure that it contains Sucralose, NOT aspartame. Aspartame is known to cause cancer. Steer clear of ones that contain it.
Not only will you cut back immensely on sugar, these are quite a bit less expensive than sodas. You're not going to buy 10, 16-20oz sodas or Gatorade for $3.

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
If she does, you'll lose more weight than you've EVER lost :rotfl:
:D:D:D:D
The Blade was a gift to myself for my acheivements in the past year, I hit 40 so I decided to clean up a bit stoped smoking, drinking and lost the weight... I feel so good, if anyone wants to do it DOOOOOO ITTTTTTTT :evilaugh:
:thumb:
I can't really say I've ever been fat or overweight in my life. However, I have had up until recently a small spare tire.
I would like to let anyone who is overweight or who just wants to drop a few pounds in on some advice. I now pretty much have my abs back.
The way that I did it, and it will/should work for everyone else as well...stop drinking soda. The sugar in soda is a huge cause for weight gain and such.
A few very good alternatives are the little drink mixes that are now available. While there is a huge variety, I'm partial to the Arizona tea and lemonade mixes.
Like this one:

You can also get several flavors of the Gatorade Propel fitness water mixes like this too. They are generally about $3 for a pack of ten mixes.
I know Crystal Light has flavors of these types of mixes as well as Hawaiian Punch and such.
That said, if you do decide to try this route, be sure to check the ingredients and ensure that it contains Sucralose, NOT aspartame. Aspartame is known to cause cancer. Steer clear of ones that contain it.
Not only will you cut back immensely on sugar, these are quite a bit less expensive than sodas. You're not going to buy 10, 16-20oz sodas or Gatorade for $3.
Gatorade is good stuff :thumb:

Well I started training 2 days ago in the gym (spare bedroom) now I have the cross trainer, dunmbbells and fully adjustable bench.

Had a great workout, sweated my nuts off which was a good feeling be doing something again. My whole mind set has changed again and put me back in a place where I like to be.

Looking forward to seeing the results as they happen, not just on the scales but on myself as well ! :D :thumb:

I've noticed that as soon as I start training after a lay off that I stop eating all the junk food and don't miss it at all !! Don't eat between meals either. It's maybe due to all the years of conditioning my mind not to have something that it kicks back in so quickly, wopefully the 'Muscle Memory' will be the same :rolleyes: :smilebig::thumb:

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Thats not you it's your little brother!!!!!!--good for you
More and more people are quitting smoking these days:plus1:

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
I had to stop through health problems...I couldn't breath :rotfl::rotfl:

I do miss smoking...but not THAT much. Glad I'm away from that terrible habit, so hard to break away from.

Trained again yesterday with the same light dumbbells..CHEST...how sore today :eek:

So I had a few beers thursday well cider actually which is THE worst for weight gain, so its time to get serious and put in 20 mins a day on the cross trainer 5/6 times a week and weights to tone every other day on a continuous cycle.

I put on 1.4 kgs from the cider and the copious amounts of food I ate the next day to help my hangover along. Until I build up my muscle mass to what it was a couple of years ago, then I will have to keep to a strict daily diet.

I have already cut out the junk food as I mentioned before, now it's time to say good bye to bread and probably dairy :thumb:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Well my motivation turned up in the post today :) Nice Alpinestars SP1 leather suit. Tried it on need to loose about 5 inchs accross the middle section so lots of work to do ahead.. Went out for a 10 mile bike ride and am super focused on losing these 5 inchs :)

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
I had 3.5 pints of cider 2 nights ago......I felt like crap yesterday so had a 3 hr nap from 12-3pm.

This then threw my sleep pattern out and couldn't get to sleep until gone 2am, then I was up from just before 6am with my son who was coughing......what am I getting at you're all thinking :confused:

Training day today !!!! Terrible terrible hard work that was, I am so tired physically and mentally I had to push to do every set!!!!

So I shall be knocking the alcohol on the head for a while as training is more important to me.

I was just looking in the mirror and thinking.... How used to my flabby body I have become and cannot remember how my muscle definition used to look :(

Sad day...well a very bloody TIRED one thats for sure!!!

Lesson for us all I think.

I have let myself go through part my own fault but the catalyst being the health problems GIVEN to me by the docs, is still no excuse.

Sometimes you just gotta get that will power from waaaaay down inside you and get it to FIGHT its way out !!!!

C' MON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

61 - 80 of 132 Posts