Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

81 - 100 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Every one gets their motivation from somewhere, I am motivated by others who don't take care of themselves and I want to be the opposite---it is far too easy to slip into a rut if you let it happen!!!

Keep up the good work Jazzy:plus1:

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Every one gets their motivation from somewhere, I am motivated by others who don't take care of themselves and I want to be the opposite---it is far too easy to slip into a rut if you let it happen!!!

Keep up the good work Jazzy:plus1:
:plus1: Ox, the times when Anna and I used to go to the beach when we first hooked up I remember commenting on blokes who had let themselves go, THEY were a push for me in the right direction for definate :thumb:

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
95.5 kgs this morning, so I'm steadily dropping the weight off about 3-500 gms a day depending on training days.

Just trained and am sweating like a pig (as they say), just goes to show I'm working hard, but, how unfit I still am.

All good though and feeling more positive about everything :thumb:

·
Registered
21,175 Posts
95.5 kgs this morning, so I'm steadily dropping the weight off about 3-500 gms a day depending on training days.

Just trained and am sweating like a pig (as they say), just goes to show I'm working hard, but, how unfit I still am.

Good man :thumb:

Aaaaah. I just had a nice hoagie with chips and a Pepsi. :smilebig:
Bad man :thumbd:

:evilaugh:

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Aaaaah. I just had a nice hoagie with chips and a Pepsi. :smilebig:
AHHHHHHHHH the devil is among us !!!!! :eek: :evilaugh:

Cheers Ray, the only thing holding me back at the moment is an old neck injury which I am slowly building the muscle up and around.

I have to stop some exercises. So it's a slow process to which I am learning to be patient :thumb:

·
Registered
21,175 Posts
AHHHHHHHHH the devil is among us !!!!! :eek: :evilaugh:

Cheers Ray, the only thing holding me back at the moment is an old neck injury which I am slowly building the muscle up and around.

I have to stop some exercises. So it's a slow process to which I am learning to be patient :thumb:
Its my knees and right ankle that are slowing me down atm :(, but still working around it :)

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Its my knees and right ankle that are slowing me down atm :(, but still working around it :)
:thumb:
Just having a PBJ and there is no bone and no muscle in my body that hurts. :thumb:
you my friend are looking at a short life due to clogged arteries etc :nono:

not jealous at all :hmm: :smilebig:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just stick to drinking lots of water and not eating nothing after 7pm. Best dealing ever I feel so much healthier and I'm slowly losing weight. Congrats on you weight loss too.

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #97

This is where EVERYDAY weighing becomes dangerous.....I tend to eat slightly different some days compared to others, so I weigh every morning.
After the above the next 2 days I weighed in at 96 :eek: I thought ok it's a plateau nothing to worry about, So I said to myself I would keep at it for another week then have another look at my diet (which is so simple anyone can do it).

But it dawned on me that I must remember that I am putting on some muscle as well as simply losing the FLABBY stuff.

So feeling thinner...literally, I hopped on the scales this morning to find 94.7 :D :D :D :D

Happy days, in total (as my weight will probably even out at around 89kgs which is 14 stone. Without the weight training I would of ended up at 82kgs which is 13 stone.

A total loss in fat will still have been...24kgs or 3st 10lbs !!

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
well done Jazzy good on you matey!!

Im in the zone with mine so to speak, lost 5lb last week and will weigh again tomororow. Im not loosing it from my gut though which is where I need it gone to fit in these leather... Any recommendation on exercise to help with this? Does working the abs help loose fat in that area?

·
Registered
290 Posts
I started running last year around March time as I thought that I'd better get my act in order before it was too late. Some of you may remember as I started a thread on here looking for Facebook support for the event I was participating in (Spartan Challenge) and when on to run the Dublin City Marathon in October last year (4hrs 40min).

That was coming from a Couch Potato starting point and I found the whole thing great, I wouldn’t go as far as to say it was all great fun but it was all very enjoyable, even looking back on the low points, I’m glad I went through it. Character building I think they call it. Anyway I lost 2 stone (13 Kgs) over the course of the training and have managed to keep it off. I went from 16 stone down to 14 stone, still not a light weight but feeling much better for it. One of the best points was when I couldn’t get my trouser belt buckled only to discover I had run out of holes on the smaller side of the belt. It made a change from having to add an extra hole on the large side.

Anyway, I don’t do the big runs that I had to do in preparation for the marathon but try to get out for a 4 mile run between 2 and 3 times a week. In terms of dieting I found less is more and cutting out all the stuff that you know in your heart and soul isn’t good for you. This doesn’t mean that I never have anything sweet but try to limit it as much as possible.

One thing that I did notice is that there is an amazing range of fruit that is as sweet as the stuff that usually springs to mind and is as effective as a snack. A little effort on the exercise front and be conscious of what you eat and the rest falls into place. Fair enough it takes a big effort getting of the couch and to make a start on the program in the first place, but once on the program a little and often goes a long way.

The latest endeavor is cycling, I recently got my hand on a Boardman Road Bike and have been talking to a local cycling club and intend getting out on the bike in the next few weeks. I know it’s a bit late in the year with the dark evenings but hay, it is something to be at…

This fitness lark is a bita crack and would highly recommend it…

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
well done Prunty there is some good advise there.

Ive just bought a new bike via this cycle to work scheme the government do in the UK. Its tax free the money comes out of your wages before any tax deductions so you dont even notice it really.. Max budget was 1k so guess what I spent, yep the full amount :) bought a carbon framed racing bike so would like to find some local clubs and get in to doing some club rides etc.

Bikes not arrived yet as have to wait a month for the cert to turn up which you then take to the bike shop to cash in for the bike.

81 - 100 of 132 Posts