Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me - I like 'em hoppy, or sweet, dark or not-so-dark, but lights and such can kiss my ass! :)

1) Pilsner Urquell - like it so much I visited the bewery in the Czech Republic
2) Celebrator Maximator - usually $15 for a six pack of tiny bottles, but oh so tasty.
3) AugustinerBrau Maximator - Just Damn!
4) Sammy's Boston Lager - when I'm feeling cheap but still want something tasty (I'm also quite partial to their triple bock and chocolate bock. We have a bit bottle of their millinium beer that was brewed for Y2K and is supposed to age like a wine. I keep threatening to break it out, much to the wifey's chagrin. :D )
5) Sweetwater 420 - very, very drinkable.

I could go on and on, but let's see what everyone else likes....

I should also mention that we have a kegerator and have brewed our own as well. :alcohol:

Dan

·
Registered
960 Posts
Blorton said:
Me - I like 'em hoppy, or sweet, dark or not-so-dark, but lights and such can kiss my ass! :)

2) Celebrator Maximator - usually $15 for a six pack of tiny bottles, but oh so tasty.
4) Sammy's Boston Lager - when I'm feeling cheap but still want something tasty (I'm also quite partial to their triple bock and chocolate bock. We have a bit bottle of their millinium beer that was brewed for Y2K and is supposed to age like a wine. I keep threatening to break it out, much to the wifey's chagrin. :D )

I should also mention that we have a kegerator and have brewed our own as well. :alcohol:

Dan
:thumb: for 1,2 and 4. We don't get 3 & 5 round here.
Czech Budvar is pretty good too. A bit like a slightly subtler version of Urquell.

I brew at home (full mash, 50 litre brew length and mostly draft dispense) and used to be a pro brewer but have not heard of a kegerator. Is it a custom built keg/fridge set up?
The range of gear available to the US home brewer is mind boggling. :thumb:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RPinOZ said:
:thumb: for 1,2 and 4. We don't get 3 & 5 round here.
Czech Budvar is pretty good too. A bit like a slightly subtler version of Urquell.

I brew at home (full mash, 50 litre brew length and mostly draft dispense) and used to be a pro brewer but have not heard of a kegerator. Is it a custom built keg/fridge set up?
The range of gear available to the US home brewer is mind boggling. :thumb:
Wuh-ho! A kindred spirit! Budvar is also well liked here. It's a bit of an inside joke here because the American Budweiser chose to conflict with their marketing. Budvar has always been known as the "Beer of Kings". The rice-brewing American outfit chose to use the slogan "King of Beers". Only recently were we even allowed to get Budvar here in the states. Sad.

Full mash, eh?!!! Very cool! The missus did a raspberry mead last year that is about due for the bottle. As soon as the fermenting vessels are cleared up, I'll be taking another shot at a "stupid bastid" brew. I'm trying for something with a touch of cascades hop, but with a real body behind it. Gotta do lagering for that. :)

Oh, and sorry for the confusion on the term Kegerator - it's really just slang for an oversized dorm fridge that has a beer dispenser screwed on top. Just big enough inside for one half-barrel keg and a co2 tank.

RP - if you ever find yourself in the US, do please look me up. We'll have a blast. :thumb: By the same token, I gotta get off my duff and visit down your way for a bit.

Cheers!
Dan

·
Registered
960 Posts
In no particular order...
Young's Special London Ale
Fuller's ESB
Timothy Taylors Landlord
Carlsberg Elephant Beer
Cooper's Sparkling Ale
Guinness Foreign Export Stout
Fiedler's Bock
Celebrator Doppelbock
Pilsner Urquell
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Anchor Liberty Ale
Anchor Steam
Samuel Adams Boston lager
Czech Budvar
Erdinger Pikantus
Gosser Dunkel

·
Registered
960 Posts
Blorton said:
Wuh-ho! A kindred spirit! Budvar is also well liked here. It's a bit of an inside joke here because the American Budweiser chose to conflict with their marketing. Budvar has always been known as the "Beer of Kings". The rice-brewing American outfit chose to use the slogan "King of Beers". Only recently were we even allowed to get Budvar here in the states. Sad.
I once brewed an Bud clone when I was working my way through a bunch of recipes in a book by an English guy called Dave Line. A female friend of mine tasted it and said "Yummy. None of that nasty 'Beer' taste" :rotfl:

Blorton said:
RP - if you ever find yourself in the US, do please look me up. We'll have a blast. :thumb: By the same token, I gotta get off my duff and visit down your way for a bit.
It is something I really want to do sometime in the future. Tour the world by bike and visit people, drink beers at the source and dive the best diving spots.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Blorton said:

Dan
I like whatever you're having!!! :p

You do know I live in Conyers don't you??? What time can I stop by this weekend? :smilebig:

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
10 posts and only one mention of Canadian beer!!!!

Uneducated imbeciles!!!!!! :p
  • Molson's Export when I want to cut through a thirst
  • Labbat Blue when I just relax with a beer
  • Guinness when taste really means something

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Hop-head here!! :D HondaGalToo should also be chiming in soon as to love of hops - that wonderful girl recently sent me a care package containing 3 wonderful local beers (local to her) that I couldn't get here in Tucson. For you peeps that haven't, you must try a barleywine style beer. Usually around 9 1/2% - 11% abv - you can chew these. And they are often somewhat "sweetish"... :cheers:

·
Registered
286 Posts
I seem to prefer plain old straight out the trailor redneck beer (I am from Tx, I can say that)

Miller Light
Coors Light
Bud Light
MGD
Jagermeister (once I drink a lot of beer lol)

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Bacchus said:
How come?! :huh:
I'm alergic to something in the beer. I can't even get 1/2 a beer down and start sneezing and the wheezing and having difficulty breathing. I drank beer all the way up to I was 25yoa with no problems.

Oxygen is better than beer.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts