Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm after a favour from a member in the states if possible please.

I recently lent my bike to Honda for an exhibition in the UK but my exhaust hanger bracket got damaged and i need a new one (Honda will cover the cost). Apparently the UK importer cannot get me another one as they say the bracket is no longer available from the supplier.

The bracket I need to get is an Arata one for a high level full system fitted to my 2002 blade (954 model).

If someone could try an Arata dealer there to see if they have any on the shelf or even get one in from the supplier and then let me know i would be very grateful.

Here is a link to some professional pictures taken before the exhibition, which was a display of a blade from every year of manufacture (mine is the 02 one with the exhaust system clearly visible) 20th Anniversary - Honda Fireblade | Facebook

Cheers
Simon

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
USA guy here. Sorry I can't come up with a bracket for you but wanted to give you a hard time about "favour". Fav-ooer? lol

Why do you guys use the Spanish spelling?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Hi,

I'm after a favour from a member in the states if possible please.

I recently lent my bike to Honda for an exhibition in the UK but my exhaust hanger bracket got damaged and i need a new one (Honda will cover the cost). Apparently the UK importer cannot get me another one as they say the bracket is no longer available from the supplier.

The bracket I need to get is an Arata one for a high level full system fitted to my 2002 blade (954 model).

If someone could try an Arata dealer there to see if they have any on the shelf or even get one in from the supplier and then let me know i would be very grateful.

Here is a link to some professional pictures taken before the exhibition, which was a display of a blade from every year of manufacture (mine is the 02 one with the exhaust system clearly visible) 20th Anniversary - Honda Fireblade | Facebook

Cheers
Simon

Have you tried contacting Arata directly?

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Yours is the red and black one, right. You are seeking the bracket that bolts to the pass. peg bracket mount, not the strap and rubber that holds the can right? Looks like it wouldn't be too hard for a machinist to make. Have it made and bill them double for your trouble.

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
USA guy here. Sorry I can't come up with a bracket for you but wanted to give you a hard time about "favour". Fav-ooer? lol
Why do you guys use the Spanish spelling?
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Maybe he was being nice so he thought the Canadian spelling was appropriate?
Favour, Neighbour, labour, honour...
Or maybe we like the big red lines that always appear under our words, makes them seem more important.:)

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Maybe he was being nice so he thought the Canadian spelling was appropriate?
Favour, Neighbour, labour, honour...
Or maybe we like the big red lines that always appear under our words, makes them seem more important.:)
Just what is English (US) spell checker all about :D

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Thanks i'll see if a Japanese friend can help with the translation.

simon

Just email them, I'm sure they can find somebody to translate it at that end.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yours is the red and black one, right. You are seeking the bracket that bolts to the pass. peg bracket mount, not the strap and rubber that holds the can right? Looks like it wouldn't be too hard for a machinist to make. Have it made and bill them double for your trouble.
Its the red one yes. That's right yes, not the strap. I will get one made if I can't get hold of a new one and bill them accordingly :)

There is a company here called R&G racing that make nice brackets so i might ask them. The only problem is i'll have to accurately bend the old one back to the correct position as it will be the reference for the new one.

Cheers
Simon

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Just what is English (US) spell checker all about :D
Good thing they make some nice people or I'd be PISSED about it..lol!

Canadian Spellcheck:
"Oh, don't worry about your spelling, have a beer."

1 - 19 of 19 Posts