Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I popped fightclub in the dvd player for about the thousandth time I was wondering, what movie do you all watch over and over again and whats your favourite quote from it?

Fight Club - Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
The Shawshank Redemption

Brooks: Easy peasy japanesey.

Later on the movie:

Red: [narrating] I find I'm so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend, and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope.

·
Registered
232 Posts
The Shawshank Redemption

Brooks: Easy peasy japanesey.

Later on the movie:

Red: [narrating] I find I'm so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend, and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope.
:plus1: I just LOoooooooove that movie....I could quote all of it!!

Dufresne to Red: Do you remember the name of the town?
Red: Zihuatanejo..........Zihuatanejo........

And everytime I was in Zihuatanejo I had that crazy thought about seeing Dufresne and Red, working on the old fishing boat! Everytime!

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
you spelled favorite wrong.

thats a tough one. I wanna say Office Space and Super Troopers and Snatch is also right up there.

"I can't right now, I got a meeting with the Bobs in a couple minutes"

"I don't want a large Farva, I want a goddamn liter a cola"

"Too tight? You could land a jumbo fucking jet in that."
"I thought you said he was a getaway driver. What the fuck can he get away from?"
pretty much anything Vinny says is funny.
and who can forget this one "And the fact that you've got "Replica" written down the side of your gun... And the fact that I've got "Desert Eagle point five O" Written down the side of mine Should precipitate your balls into shrinking, along with your presence. Now... Fuck off! "

favorite quote of all time is probably from This Is Spinal Tap "but these go to 11." that whole scene was hilarious.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Hmm...I don't have a favorite movie of all time, but I can think of some good ones:

Last of the Mohicans:

Major Hayward: There is a war going on, how is it that you are heading west?!?

Hawkeye (Nathaniel): Well you face north, and then real subtle-like, turn left.

The Big Lebowski:

Surfer dude (One of Treehorn's goons): What the fuck is this (holding a bowling ball)

The Dude: Obviously, you're not a golfer.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
The Ref of course . . .
(Freely paraphrased)

Gus on the phone: I'm looking for a guy. . . you know sort of sleazy and probably drunk.

Bartender on the other end: Ya just described everyone in the place.

Gus: His name is Murray

Bartender to the bar: Anyone here named Murray? Anyone?

Bartender on the phone: He isn't here buddy . . .

Gus: Ok, try this: Is there a waste a fuckin life named Murray there?

Bartender to the bar: Is there a fuckin waste a life named Murray here?

Murray looking up from his scotch: Gussie!!!!

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
The Ref of course . . .
(Freely paraphrased)
"Your husband ain't dead lady, he's hiding."

Ah...definitely at the top of my Christmas movies....

·
Banned
4,696 Posts
"Your husband ain't dead lady, he's hiding."

Ah...definitely at the top of my Christmas movies....

:rotfl: that was a good one.

its hard for me to choose a favorite. i use to watch fight club alot. then it was van wilder. i dont have just one favorite. :idunno:

·
Registered
228 Posts
As far as movies go, I have a few favorites.

Shawshank is definitely one of them. Love how Byron Hadley went out crying like a little girl at the end.

Braveheart is another. Great battle scenes.

:plus1:eek:n Office Space. Great humor. I've worked in several office environments and that movie mirrors them all.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts