Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
181 - 200 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
I was referring to the section from the bowl to the bus stop.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Three is the offcamber coming down the hill, then up the hill to the blind right hander is 4, over the bump into the esses and into the bowl. Right there.

So that's what 8-9? Thought the bus stop was 9.

HD
The right after the bump is 5, then left is 6, right is 7, and 8 is the bowl. 9 is the bus stop (hairpin) at the end of the sweeper, which doesn't seem to have a number. Then up the hill through turns 10A and 10B.

You got it right :thumb:

·
Registered
45 Posts
There are a couple of shops, but the one I would recommend is in Tecumseh, Ontario unless you make it to Chicago while you're here. Jamie McNaughton used to do it at the track, but since GLRRA closed down, I don't think he does it anymore.:idunno:
just curious what shop in Tecumseh do you refer to? And is there a school session at fbo days at Grattan??

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
just curious what shop in Tecumseh do you refer to? And is there a school session at fbo days at Grattan??
It use to be Sports Afield 11, but the owner (Rick Tomczik) has either changed the name or opened another shop. Perhaps one of our Canadian members would know more about the current situation. Rick is a former Canadian Superbike/AMA Superbike crew chief, former head of Honda Canada's Superbike Team and most excellent engine builder/tuner.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 ·
At Grattan '06 the first couple street group sessions were in school format.
We do school sessions the first day and longer if people are interested. This is a low pressure, high fun event with the emphasis on safety and a good time. If you have never been on a track before or want to learn a lot about riding fast on a challenging course, this event is for you.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
We do school sessions the first day and longer if people are interested. This is a low pressure, high fun event with the emphasis on safety and a good time. If you have never been on a track before or want to learn a lot about riding fast on a challenging course, this event is for you.
Even if you HAVE been on a track before, this event is for you. :thumb:

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
I think it is even better than school sessions. Open if you want (after session 1) but if you want truly personal help you will be beating control riders off with a stick they are so eager to help :thumb:

Well except the one control rider that tried to commit muttonicide on passenger sheep :p

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think it is even better than school sessions. Open if you want (after session 1) but if you want truly personal help you will be beating control riders off with a stick they are so eager to help :thumb:

Well except the one control rider that tried to commit muttonicide on passenger sheep :p
:rotfl::rotfl:

It use to be Sports Afield 11, but the owner (Rick Tomczik) has either changed the name or opened another shop. Perhaps one of our Canadian members would know more about the current situation. Rick is a former Canadian Superbike/AMA Superbike crew chief, former head of Honda Canada's Superbike Team and most excellent engine builder/tuner.
I know the place from long ago and next time I drive by I will stop in there adn see what's what.

Sounds like this event was made for me.:D

Even if you HAVE been on a track before, this event is for you. :thumb:
I have not so I'm lookin forward to finding out the rest of the details such as requirements, cost, and what kind of farm animals are going to be on the track????:hss:

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
:rotfl::rotfl:

I know the place from long ago and next time I drive by I will stop in there adn see what's what.

Sounds like this event was made for me.:D

I have not so I'm lookin forward to finding out the rest of the details such as requirements, cost, and what kind of farm animals are going to be on the track????:hss:
FARM :rant: I am free range!

Oh it was my first ever track day and it is certainly the coolest way to start. If I had started with STT I am sure the desire to repeat would not have been as high (but yes I would have done more :lilangel:)

·
Registered
217 Posts
I don't know where y'all are coming from but I'd love to go and if somebody's going to be coming up the east coast or coming down from the NE I'd sure appreciate a ride. I don't think I'll have the financial wherewithal to spring for a trailer anytime soon. I don't smell bad.

·
Super Moderator
8,597 Posts
asked the boss yesterday. I won't have any vacation time yet (gotta be there a year) :crap: but he said we'd make it work with personal days, maybe sick days and switching shifts :hyper:
A decision you won't regret! :thumb:

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
I'm still amazed that at the 2006 event there was not one crash (despite a few off-track excursions :eyebrows:) in three days. That's a testament to what an outstanding event this is.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
I'm still amazed that at the 2006 event there was not one crash (despite a few off-track excursions :eyebrows:) in three days. That's a testament to what an outstanding event this is.
:rolleyes: the REAL reason is explained in the video

·
Banned
4,696 Posts
i am getting excited. it will be my first track day, i am shoping for leathers and boots as we speak. :hyper:

what is the cost of the three days looking like?

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #199 ·
i am getting excited. it will be my first track day, i am shoping for leathers and boots as we speak. :hyper:

what is the cost of the three days looking like?
I am trying my hardest to get all the information together for the 07 event. If all goes well, I will have it up by the end of the weekend.

181 - 200 of 234 Posts