Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, first off, I'm a noob here, but not to forums. I've searched the boards already, but couldnt find my answer. If I were to do a fender eliminator on my 00 929, would I need to get the undertail kit? The whole lic. plate mounting and under tail looks like it's one piece. Suggestions, coments or anything would be helpful. Right now all it has is shorty turn signals and a cut lower plate holder. Here's a pic:

Not that great of one, but you get the idea. Any ideas on what I would need to do? We just did one on my hubby's R1 and I love the look. Now I want mine as clean as his. TIA

·
Registered
533 Posts
I don't have a 929 but I'd assume the correct answer to your question is yes, you need the whole kit. But what I found in my quest for a kit for my bike was that the entire kit is different to each place so you need to really look at what comes with the kit and try to figure it out on your own. For example...maybe your shorty turn signals that you have now will attach to someone elses kit. Some places just sell something to attach your plate to and their kits come with no license plate light and no shorty signals. I for one want the rear brake light that also acts as turn signals so getting a kit w/o the shorty markers was no big deal to me. Truth be told I ended up buying two kits and using pieces from both to get what I wanted.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I'm not sure if I want the integrated turn signals, I do like the look of them, but they're illegal here. So far those are the only kits I've seen though. Guess I'll have to wait until I get my license to do that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts