Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But at upper speeds 140-150+ sustained my temperature gauge slowly rises.

Is this normal or is it showing a slight lean condition on the top end?

I'm sure not many others have the opportunity for this, but has anyone else noticed this on their bike?

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
never looked at the temp guage when running from the cops.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
figment : never looked at the temp guage when running from the cops.
Yeah, I was always too busy manipulating my kilowatt spread spectrum radio frequency jammer

Sorry, no real answer to your question fl. Like you said, 'few'...

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
slowly rises to what though? The bike is workind damn hard at that speed... I'd expect a definite increase in temp... Even though you have a massive amount of air being forced through the radiator, I'd still expect the bike to pick up in temps...

What map? What exhaust?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very funny - no cops here  

In Florida you ride wheelies (not me) or go fast once in a while, then you get off the exit  (just kidding, this is done on non-populated, ruler straight for miles and miles back-roads).

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ccwilli3 : slowly rises to what though?  The bike is workind damn hard at that speed...  I'd expect a definite increase in temp...  Even though you have a massive amount of air being forced through the radiator, I'd still expect the bike to pick up in temps...

What map?  What exhaust?
Starting in the low 180's, it will rise to 190+ and keep ticking up. I'm not holding this speed for an hour, but is it normal for the temp to rise at these speeds?

Has anyone took a short blast to 150-160 and looked at their gauge? What temp what is at? I don't think when I had a slip-on it showed a rise in temp.

I have a full Hindle with the base map slightly rich on top. Also, have the CAI scoops.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I have a temp gauge? I just found my Milo-meter

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
It's always been my experience that the temperature of the coolant will be reduced by quick bursts of speed...partially due to engine RPM running the water pump.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Nope. My temp stayed rock solid on the race track at 180-190, provided I was moving.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
luvtolean : Nope.  My temp stayed rock solid on the race track at 180-190, provided I was moving.
I figure the stress on the track would be similiar to a high speed run. I'm going to richen the top end a bit and see what happens.

·
Registered
684 Posts
My temp rises into the 190's when I do those speeds on the street. I think it is normal. Goes back down when at normal speeds.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
luvtolean : Nope.  My temp stayed rock solid on the race track at 180-190, provided I was moving.
180-190....that's flyin dude!!!
But what did the temp get up to?

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Baketech : Quote (luvtolean @ June 10 2003, 11:13am)Nope.  My temp stayed rock solid on the race track at 180-190, provided I was moving.
180-190....that's flyin dude!!!
But what did the temp get up to?

I would'a shown 180 on the stock, optimistic speedo at Road America.

·
Registered
339 Posts
roadrunner954 : I have a temp gauge? I just found my Milo-meter
That made my wife ask me what is so fu#kin' funny!!??

1 - 20 of 20 Posts