Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought the PC3USB and ignition module and placed it in rode around for a bit everything worked fine, then a few days later i got a D&D full exhaust i figured i would install that and i installed it now i get the Fi thing and the red malfunction light i beleive its called a freind said its possible im getting it because i removed the HTEV and i get 2 slow lights and 4 fast lights i dont have a code list to read what it is exactly but in any event i beleive it may be the HTEV can someone tell me how to kill the codes so it doesn't show all the time any help would be appreciated

the bike is a 2000 929 RR thanks for any help

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
if you remove the htev only, nothing will happen. You will however get a code from removing or moving the servo that controls it.

Not an issue at all.
Re-attach the servo, you'll get rid of the light, but leave all cables off of it.

If the servo has no cables around it, be sure you also remove the air flapper in the air box under the airfilter. This element is also controlled by the servo.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I just recently bought the PC3USB and ignition module and placed it in rode around for a bit everything worked fine, then a few days later i got a D&D full exhaust i figured i would install that and i installed it now i get the Fi thing and the red malfunction light i beleive its called a freind said its possible im getting it because i removed the HTEV and i get 2 slow lights and 4 fast lights i dont have a code list to read what it is exactly but in any event i beleive it may be the HTEV can someone tell me how to kill the codes so it doesn't show all the time any help would be appreciated

the bike is a 2000 929 RR thanks for any help
There is no code 24.
You can't remove the warning light (Code 34 or 35) without reinstalling the servo motor.
Just ignore it as it has no efect on the bike.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
If the servo has no cables around it, be sure you also remove the air flapper in the air box under the airfilter. This element is also controlled by the servo.
You _must_ remove the flapper from the airbox if you have removed the servo motor so as not to starve the engine above 8000rpm.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so if i understood correctly your saying the 2 cables that went from the exhaust htev to the servo just under the tank remove them completely? and it would be wise to also remove the flapper or hold it down somehow correct? and it will stop throwing the codes and having that FI and malfunction light there?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
so if i understood correctly your saying the 2 cables that went from the exhaust htev to the servo just under the tank remove them completely? and it would be wise to also remove the flapper or hold it down somehow correct? and it will stop throwing the codes and having that FI and malfunction light there?
If the cables aren't connected to the HTEV then yes, it would be pointless to leave them attached to the servo motor.
It is better to remove the flapper to avoid it ever accidently closing. If it is gone then you need never worry about it again.
The _only_ way to remove the error code is to install the servo motor (and I believe set the shaft to a specific position) so the ECU believes it is functioning correctly.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
people have mentioned that there is a sweet spot you can turn the servo to by hand to eliminate the code but a simpler method is to reset the ecu and it will reset itself into the correct position.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts