Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
03 954RR the FI light (red) is blinking when the bike starts and stays on after bike goes in gear. When bike cranks, light blinks slow 3x's and then fast 5x's. Does anyone know what this code means......Be my luck, it need s new engine, LoL....=-)

·
Registered
116 Posts
I checked the service manual I have (page 5-11), it only deals with 1,2,7 - 21,23,33-35 blinks, no mention of short or long ones. Some "other" error code known only to the Master Techs ?

·
Registered
111 Posts
From my understanding of the manual your code is a 35. The long blinks mean 10's and the shorts are 1's. There is a pause between series of codes. If there are fast blinks then the number is in the 1's. ie. 5 fast pause 5 fast pause is just code 5. 3 long and 5 short pause 3 long 5 short and so on indicates a 35.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Appears its my air intake servo motor that not working. Anyone have one they are willing to part with for a descent price....=-)

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
That is correct. Check under the chromed cover over the HTEV valve and make sure you don't have a pebble lodged in there putting it in a bind. If you catch it right away you may keep from stripping the gears in the servo motor.

I know it's expensive but I would suggest a new servo. It's not worth taking a chance of buying a bad one for a cheaper price. Just my.02

1 - 6 of 6 Posts