Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I jump the two wires and get 1 long light followed by 7 flashes the 8 then 9 then one long one again. Anyone know what would cause all 3 codes? I have a pcII installed. Came with the bike. I have had the bike for 2 weeks. I was riding then suddenly the bike died and I noticed the FI light was on pulled to the side of the road tried to start it again and sure enogh. Started right up.
Thanks for the help.
Chad

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Try clearing the codes from the ECM and then disconnecting the PowerCommander completely to see if that clears up the problem. The PCII is a pretty old model and some were known to have problems.

·
Registered
18 Posts
to reset the codes turn ignition off jump the service check connector, turn ignition on then remove the wire, the F1 light will light for approx 5 seconds while the F1 light is on reconnect the jumper. If the F1 light goes off then starts blinking the reset was succesful. Recheck the codes if the light comes on and stays on there are no problem codes. if you have codes let me know i have all the failure codes. 7 is ect sensor 8 is Tp sensor 9 is iat sensor Ect= engine coolant temp, Tp= throttle position, Iat= intake air temp

·
Registered
22 Posts
7 blinks- loose or poorly connected ECT sensor (engine coolant temp)
8 blinks- loose or poorly connected TP sensor (throttle position)
9 blinks- loose or poorly connected IAT sensor (intake air temp)
or it could be a short circut or fault in any of the above.
is it har to start when cold. or poor engine response when twisting throttle quickly

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but I also have an issue with the F1 light. After several minutes of riding the light will come on and stay on. What would cause this?

·
Registered
22 Posts
could be a couple of things. you may need to short your service check connector. in tail section under rear seat ( or cover) there is a little plug with nothing connected. on me bike (in NZ) its on left side and white. with bike off you need to short connecter then turn bike on don,t start bike make sure kill switch is on and count how many times FI light blinks. if no blinks no recorded problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts