Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had their FI blink 8x1sec. The FI chart in a thread shows this to be TP Sensor. 954_03 with engine running, kick stand down, idle, it will blink 8 times, wait 5, blink 8 times, wait 5, etc etc.

When I started it two weeks ago, it did not do this. It has been in the garage. Neglected and lonely. I try to keep up with maintaining the battery with battery tender and ensure it starts and run it for a few minutes every few weeks.

Charmin?
Scott?
Northern?

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Has anyone had their FI blink 8x1sec. The FI chart in a thread shows this to be TP Sensor. 954_03 with engine running, kick stand down, idle, it will blink 8 times, wait 5, blink 8 times, wait 5, etc etc.

When I started it two weeks ago, it did not do this. It has been in the garage. Neglected and lonely. I try to keep up with maintaining the battery with battery tender and ensure it starts and run it for a few minutes every few weeks.

Charmin?
Scott?
Northern?

Thoughts?
Have you checked the TPS?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope. That is where I am leaning toward. Figuring out what wire is what. I have never heard of one going bad, in searching the site. But... if it can break, it will break on my 954.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Nope. That is where I am leaning toward. Figuring out what wire is what. I have never heard of one going bad, in searching the site. But... if it can break, it will break on my 954.
The TPS is on the end of the throttle bodies. Check the connector to start with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts