Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
when i turn it on it blinks that code wen i start ridin it jus stays lite
Because that's exactly what it is supposed to do.
As stated, your servo motor is stripped.

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
so rev the motor between 3k and 8k .. were is it located? jus got the bike dont kno much bout it i appreciate the help bro
Then you need a workshop manual.
The servo motor is under the left frame rail.
You will see or feel two cables running down to the HTEV in the exhaust collector and another running to the flapper valve in the airbox.
The HTEV is probably coked up which causes the servo motor to strip its plastic gears.

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
You said that the light came on while riding but you just got the bike.
Was the light on when you got the bike?
It is not uncommon for owners to completely remove the HTEV system and the light may merely be indicating that.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i bought the bike a week ago .. at first the light only came on when i hit like 110 mph then would shut off.. now it comes on right wen i start the bike .. then it started makin a clickin noise right were you are describing were the servo motor is .. i look at the clickin and it looks like a part thats tryin to rotate a cable but its not . but thats jus wen idolin im goin to my house to rev it to see if it rotates. any info please post

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
i bought the bike a week ago .. at first the light only came on when i hit like 110 mph then would shut off.. now it comes on right wen i start the bike .. then it started makin a clickin noise right were you are describing were the servo motor is .. i look at the clickin and it looks like a part thats tryin to rotate a cable but its not . but thats jus wen idolin im goin to my house to rev it to see if it rotates. any info please post
The clicking noise is telling you the gears are stripped.

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
So i jus gotta buy a exhaust servo motor and ill be good?
If you want to keep the HTEV then you need a servo motor.
If you buy secondhand don't pay much as they are junk when they're new.
You don't need it at all if you don't want it.

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
But that clickin noise will keep clickin for good
If you disconnect the cables to the HTEV and flapper then I don't think it'll click anymore but I haven't tried it.
I removed my servo motor entirely.
The permanent error light doesn't bother me in the slightest.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.