Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finally bringing my bike into the shop to do all the work that I planned over the winter...I know I know...I spent the winter planning and when it gets warm I start doing...anyway I will take it to Powerhouse Motorsports in Long Island and they will ship my forks to DK. Total turn around time for all my bike work...two weeks:crying: ...a little late but I can survive that long...:eek:

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Good deal. Powerhouse Motorcycles in West Babylon? Or is there another place on LI called Powerhouse Motorsports? Weird they're be 2 with such similar names....

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually they are in West Babylon, off of Edison where they drag race all the time...have you done any work with them before?

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
smoothrideronli said:
Actually they are in West Babylon, off of Edison where they drag race all the time...have you done any work with them before?
Yup, tell Frank the 2 girls from NJ with the Hondas say hello. He did the custom mapping for our Powercommanders when we installed full exhausts. He's got all the latest Dynojet stuff, the dyno, the tuning link software, etc. and knows how to use it! He did a great job mapping our bikes! :)

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
smoothrideronli said:
I will tell him. So you Jersey people do actually make it over the bridge...:D
:D yeah, on a rare occasion! I was glad to have a friend from Brooklyn who could tell me what roads I wasn't allowed to take with the trailer! Saved me hassles and tickets!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh ok. Well the next time you plan on coming to NY let me know. We could all ride together...I ride with a mostly harmless bunch...:D

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Good, 'cause the thought of having to ride through the city to get to LI doesn't exactly appeal to me! :D Farthest into NYC I go is the Ear Inn on Spring Street, Manhattan I believe.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well coming from Jersey there are many ways to get to LI avoiding the city...its really not that bad. Where is this Ear Inn? What goes on there?

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Sunbert said:
AH! LI means Long Island. I thought you were on lithium.
:rotfl:

The Ear Inn is right outside the Holland Tunnel, on Spring street, a block or two in from the West Side Highway. Every Tuesday night is The Hang. Lots of sportbikes and Euro bikes. Just hangin' out chattin' about bikes folks start showing up around 7:30-8 pm. I get in a few times. Haha, once I went in and the Duc overheated. Thank god I got out of the tunnel. It crapped out on me on the West Side and I had to push it the last few blocks. :O

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That tunnel is notorious for overheating bikes...once I went through and my temp started at about 200 and when I got to the other side I was at about 245...everyone else complained about the same thing. Maybe I will head over there one Teusday when it gets warmer...

·
Registered
55 Posts
How did you end up at Powerhouse motorsports? I dont mind a little drive, i am about 45 minutes north of the city up the palisades pkwy. Theres a couple honda shops around here, but i have been less than impressed with their work/ service/ prices through my experience and that of my friends.

also, there is a lot of nice back country/ twisties along the hundson up here if you ever get the chance.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
929inNY said:
How did you end up at Powerhouse motorsports? I dont mind a little drive, i am about 45 minutes north of the city up the palisades pkwy. Theres a couple honda shops around here, but i have been less than impressed with their work/ service/ prices through my experience and that of my friends.

also, there is a lot of nice back country/ twisties along the hundson up here if you ever get the chance.
You got it, that's how I ended up at Powerhouse. I looked at the dynojet site for approved tuners and none came up in NJ. At least none that I thought I'd want to go to. The dynojet site listed Powerhouse. Powerhouse has a forum, so I posted a question, which was answered quickly and with lots of detail so I knew that they knew what they were doing. I don't mind driving extra to go someplace that will do the job right.:thumb:

·
Registered
145 Posts
It seems that there are a few folks nearby in the NYC/LI/lower NY/NJ area around. We should plan for a group ride soon. A ride up the Palisades would be nice...

Let me know,
Franc
'03 954

·
Registered
55 Posts
franc01 said:
It seems that there are a few folks nearby in the NYC/LI/lower NY/NJ area around. We should plan for a group ride soon. A ride up the Palisades would be nice...
Im usually riding on nice weekends anyway, so i would be in. Typically I stay near the Palisades; Top of Bear Mountain is pretty fun and down along the Hudson on either side are both less than 10 minutes off exit...17 i think? This is about 20-25 minutes north of palisades mall.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts